Nodes Failing to join cluster Percona xtradb on centos

I have installed percona extradb cluster 56 on centos, but when I bootstrap the first node and start MySQL in the other two nodes, they do not join the cluster.
I have set SELinux to permissive mode and followed the percona xtradb cluster documentation but still, the nodes fail to join the cluster. Please help.

1 Like

PXC 5.6 is at least 6+ years old. Why did you install such old software? PXC 8.0 is the current stable release. You should be installing 8.0. 5.6 is not supported anymore, anywhere. If 5.6 is not working, I’m sorry, but you must upgrade first.

1 Like

Hello mathew.
I have installed PCX 8.0.
when i start mysql service i get this error
:Job for mysql.service failed because a fatal signal was delivered to the control process. See “systemctl status mysql.service” and “journalctl -xe” for details.

Please help.

1 Like

Please provide mysql’s error logs. What you provided is the general OS logs which is not helpful.

1 Like

the logs

1 Like

That’s 10 lines. Not helpful. Need the last 400 lines.

1 Like

hello Mathew.
i downfraded to pxc 5.7.
I then set the configuration files as per the percona documentation, i bootstrapped the first node. when i start mysql on the second node, it fails to start the service and i get the error:
Job for mysql.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See “systemctl status mysql.service” and “journalctl -xe” for details.
below are the logs for the second node

1 Like

here are the logs for the first node

1 Like

Hi, look further up at the logs on the donor side around the time of the SST. The error you are getting usually is related to problems on the donor side, like lack of permissions for the SST user.

1 Like

You should be on PXC8, don’t downgrade to 5.7 as 5.7 will be dead in Oct’23. PXC8 also handles SST permissions much better.

1 Like