MySQL memory creeping up in PXC node

Greetings great minds
I have a node that’s part of a 4 nodes galera cluster . I have allocated 16GB innodb buffer pool size and innodb log buffer size is 4GB. The total RAM in this box is 23GB. Recently using TOP I found out that the mysqld’s memory usage creeps up from 78% to 85% and now 93%. I would like to find out why is the memory usage growing when I absolutely have nothing going on in the process( mysql processlist) the only process is just one insert That’s all.
Note: this node is not the even the busiest. No little or no traffics directed to it. Any suggestion would be helpful. I have done some few searches as wel

1 Like

Hi @Dba1 , thanks for posting to the Percona forums!
Are you using PMM against this instance? If so there is a Memory section on the MySQL Instance Summary dashboard that may indicate where the memory is being allocated. There is also the Node Summary dashboard that will show actual memory allocation (vs VIRT). Please share with us your dashboards when you can and we can give them a review. Thanks!

1 Like

Than you Mr.Coburn, Unfortunately I am not using PMM in my environment for one reason my organization cannot reach to an external repos. Is there any better way of installing PMM and it client. For the memory leak I was able to solve it. Thank you

1 Like