msyql 5.0 and sysbench can't get over 550T/s

Hi everyone,

I am doing a read only test on freebsd 7.0beta 64bit.
The server is:
dual xeon 3.2
5 gigs of ram
490gig RAID 10 array
Hyper threading DISABLED (enabled I get 450T/s or so)

The OS has just been freshly installed. After the install I installed from ports:
Bash
mysql 5.0.45
wget

I prepared the database using:
sysbench --test=oltp --num-threads=4 --mysql-user=root --max-time=60 --max-requests=0 --oltp-read-only=on --oltp-table-size=1000000 prepare

Then I did a 6 minute warm up using:
sysbench --test=oltp --num-threads=4 --mysql-user=root --max-time=360 --max-requests=0 --oltp-read-only=on --oltp-table-size=1000000 run

Then several runs with the same command but 60 seconds.

I get 545 to 550 every time.

I have tried the 4BSD and the ULE scheduler.

Here is my my.cnf:

[client]#password = your_passwordport = 3306socket = /tmp/mysql.sock[server]port=3306socket=/tmp/mysql.sockuser=mysqldatadir=/var/db/mysql/basedir=/usr/localmax_connections=3000max_connect_errors=10table_cache=2048max_allowed_packet=1Mbinlog_cache_size=1Mmax_heap_table_size=64Msort_buffer_size=64Kjoin_buffer_size=1Mthread_cache=16thread_concurrency=4thread_stack=196Kquery_cache_size=0ft_min_word_len=4default_table_type=MYISAMtransaction_isolation=REPEATABLE-READtmp_table_size=64Mskip-lockingserver-id=1innodb_status_file=0innodb_data_home_dir=/var/db/mysql/innodb_data_file_path=ibdata1:100M:autoextendinnodb_log_group_home_dir=/var/db/mysql/innodb_buffer_pool_size=500Minnodb_additional_mem_pool_size=20Minnodb_log_file_size=900Minnodb_log_files_in_group=2innodb_log_buffer_size=8Minnodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit=1innodb_lock_wait_timeout=300innodb_locks_unsafe_for_binlog=1innodb_thread_concurrency=0

Any ideas on how I can improve performance? Or are the numbers pretty good?

This is a test machine with no data on it so I can try anything )

Thanks

Luma