When applying a change to cr.yaml using operator 1.13.0 it appears that the loadBalancerIP is ignored. The field does not get applied to the spec within the PerconaXtraDBCluster object, but it does list it within the “kubectl.kubernetes.io/last-applied-configuration” metadata on the object.
This behaviour started to appear once applying taint tolerances to proxysql. Not exactly sure if adding this config conflicts with loadbalancerip logic. removing the taint tolerances has no impact.
- edit cr.yaml for an existing cluster deplyoment.
- add a loadBalancerIP value to proxysql
- apply the cr.yaml to the cluster
The proxysql service should be assigned the loadBalancerIP specified in the cr.yaml
The result is the LoadBalancer service picks another IP address from the pool vs the static IP specified.
- EKS Anywhere platform, cilium 1.12.11
- metallb controller 0.13.11