Innodb - Error: trying to open a table

Hi

every time MySQL is restarted, MySQL log shows errors of some temporary tables. I don’t know if is a big issue.

Extract of mysqld.log

090616 11:26:02 InnoDB: Error: trying to open a table, but could notInnoDB: open the tablespace file ‘./tmp/#sql2f89_6ee13_0.ibd’!InnoDB: Have you moved InnoDB .ibd files around without using theInnoDB: commands DISCARD TABLESPACE and IMPORT TABLESPACE?InnoDB: It is also possible that this is a temporary table #sql…,InnoDB: and MySQL removed the .ibd file for this.

I have the same error for another two files:

./tmp/#sql2f89_6ed45_0.ibd’
./tmp/#sql2f89_6ed44_0.ibd’

It’s clear that is related with temporary tables of InnoDB. It’s a bit annoying because every time I restart BD, the log is filled with same errors again.

I ran mysqlcheck to test all tables of all databases and it seems to be ok. But the error is in log yet.

Any suggestion?

Thanks!

1. What version of MySQL are you presently using?
  2. Did you create a temporary innodb table by any chance and mysql crashed before you could drop them?
  3. Do you find orphan #sql*.{frm,ibd} in your tmp directory?

Did You check cron (crontab, /etc/cron.*) for a cleaning script ?

Januzi: Just curious, how is this gonna help?

Mysql is complaining about missing files, so it could be possible that something removed them.

Could be, but I suspect thats unlikely the case. I was looking on the net and came across this bug report from mysql.
[URL]MySQL Bugs: #45443: mysql innodb error You feel this is related?

1. MySQL version: 5.0.45-log
  2. Honestly, I don’t know (
  3. Im pretty sure of found orphan #sql* on /tmp when issue happened. But my first action was remove them. I don’t know if was a good choice, in fact, I don’t know what is this kind of file. Is a temporary table manually created by a user?

Actually BD is working well now but Im sure that if I restart BD the message will show again on log files. But it seems is not a big deal, isn’t it?

Thanks by your replies.

Ok. I posted a wrong bug report link earlier. This one is what I was hinting at. Did you go through a similar scenario like what is explained here?

[URL]MySQL Bugs: #20867: InnoDB Bug - create temporary table+crash => mysqld needs to clean up

Doesn’t seem like a big deal but its definitely an aberration to say the least. :roll: