innobackupex: fatal error: no 'mysqld' group in MySQL options

Dear Team,

I have downloaded “percona-xtrabackup-2.0.0” and wanted to setup in different directory rather than /bin. From that directory location I’ve executed the below command

“./innobackupex --user=root --password=xxxxxxxx --defaults-file=/etc/my.cnf --export --slave-info /test_dir/hot_backups/”

ERROR Message was :

This software is published under
the GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE Version 2, June 1991.

170316 04:08:57 innobackupex: Starting mysql with options: --defaults-file=‘/etc/my.cnf’ --password=xxxxxxxx --user=‘root’ --unbuffered –
170316 04:08:57 innobackupex: Connected to database with mysql child process (pid=17868)
170316 04:09:03 innobackupex: Connection to database server closed
IMPORTANT: Please check that the backup run completes successfully.
At the end of a successful backup run innobackupex
prints “completed OK!”.

innobackupex: Using mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.1.73, for redhat-linux-gnu (x86_64) using readline 5.1
innobackupex: Using mysql server version Copyright (c) 2000, 2013, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.

sh: xtrabackup_51: command not found
innobackupex: fatal error: no ‘mysqld’ group in MySQL options
innobackupex: fatal error: OR no ‘datadir’ option in group ‘mysqld’ in MySQL options

How can I solve this. Please Help!!

Thanks in Advance

I’d suggest you to download the latest versions of Xtrabackup 2.3 or 2.4 series here -
[url]Download Percona XtraBackup 8.0
[url]Download Percona XtraBackup 8.0

Extract the files and run the innobackupex command.

Just to note, the --export option works in conjunction with --apply-log and not during backup creation phase. Please read the manual on how to use it - [url]Percona XtraBackup