I’m trying to have an idea of heartbeat [http://www.linux-ha.org/Heartbeat ].
Specifically I’m thinking of using it for managing a master-master replication (active-passive) for handing failover.
I want to know how does it recover / switch passive master to active one.
From description here [http://www.linux-ha.org/GettingStarted ] I can sense it’s changing IP or something.
What manual process we must follow to failover passive to active master?
- Stop writes on active server.
- FLUSH TABLES WITH READ LOCK.
- Kill all client connections.
- SHOW MASTER STATUS on active server
- note the binary log coordinates.
- Make sure Passive Master is in sync with Active Master.
- SET @@global.read_only := 0 on passive server, allowing writes.
- Reconfigure your applications to write to the newly active server.
Please correct if i’m wrong in above process.