Failed to connect to MySQL server: SSL connection error: error:00000001:lib(0):func(0):reason(1)

I tryed make backup and get ssl error, why?

xtrabackup --ssl-mode=DISABLED --backup --target-dir=/mnt/vadim -H my_ip -pGQDq -u root --slave-info --safe-slave-backup -P 3306 -S /mnt/mysql/download/mysqld.sock
xtrabackup: recognized server arguments:
xtrabackup: recognized client arguments: --ssl-mode=DISABLED --backup=1 --target-dir=/mnt/vadim --host=my_ip --password=* --user=root --slave-info=1 --safe-slave-backup=1 --port=3306 --socket=/mnt/mysql/download/mysqld.sock
230724 10:29:06  version_check Connecting to MySQL server with DSN 'dbi:mysql:;mysql_read_default_group=xtrabackup;host=my_ip;port=3306;mysql_socket=/mnt/mysql/download/mysqld.sock' as 'root'  (using password: YES).
230724 10:29:06  version_check Connected to MySQL server
230724 10:29:06  version_check Executing a version check against the server...
230724 10:29:06  version_check Done.
230724 10:29:06 Connecting to MySQL server host: my_ip, user: root, password: set, port: 3306, socket: /mnt/mysql/download/mysqld.sock
Failed to connect to MySQL server: SSL connection error: error:00000001:lib(0):func(0):reason(1).
xtrabackup --version
xtrabackup: recognized server arguments:
xtrabackup version 2.4.28 based on MySQL server 5.7.40 Linux (x86_64) (revision id: 44a8f7b)

mysql 5.7.24

It looks like you’ve disabled SSL connections to MySQL in your options to xtrabackup. Can you remove --ssl-mode and try again?

Yes, I disabled ssl option specialty. I don’t want use ssl. And I can run backup process only throughth socket -

xtrabackup --ssl-mode=DISABLED --backup --target-dir=/mnt/vadim -pPASS -u root --rsync --datadir /mnt/mysql/download -S /mnt/mysql/download/mysqld

Please try to create a dedicated backup user account with all privileges which don’t have “REQUIRE SSL” mentioned during the creation and then try to use this dedicated backup user account without “–ssl-mode=DISABLED” option with the xtrabackup command. Let us know how it goes.

It helped me. New user without --ssl-mode=DISABLED .