Error on replication, need some help.

Hi, all. I’m new in Percona, i have a master server running Percona xtradb, and a replication slave running in percona too, it replicate just fine. My problem exist on another slave machine which running standard MySQL. Below are the error i get:

Last_Errno: 0
Last_Error: Could not parse relay log event entry. The possible reasons are: the master’s binary log is corrupted (you can check this by running ‘mysqlbinlog’ on the binary log), the slave’s relay log is corrupted (you can check this by running ‘mysqlbinlog’ on the relay log), a network problem, or a bug in the master’s or slave’s MySQL code. If you want to check the master’s binary log or slave’s relay log, you will be able to know their names by issuing ‘SHOW SLAVE STATUS’ on this slave.

Does that mean only Percona Slave can replicate from Percona Master? Or is there setting that i miss out to get Standard MySQL to be able to replicate from Percona Master?

Thanks in advance for help.

Percona Slave can replicate from a Standard MySQL, there are no incompatibilities at binary log level. That error means that master or slave’s relay log is corrupted and then can’t continue reading it. Can you paste the full SHOW SLAVE STATUS\G and also the version number of master and slaves.

Master: Server version: 5.5.28-log Percona XtraDB Cluster (GPL), wsrep_23.7.r3821
Slave: Server version: 5.0.77-log Source distribution

Slave_IO_State: Waiting for master to send event
Master_Host: ******.com
Master_User: rep
Master_Port: 3306
Connect_Retry: 60
Master_Log_File: mysql-bin.000070
Read_Master_Log_Pos: 182631007
Relay_Log_File: teckkongtbj-relay-bin.2828243
Relay_Log_Pos: 534
Relay_Master_Log_File: mysql-bin.000070
Slave_IO_Running: Yes
Slave_SQL_Running: No
Replicate_Do_DB: csposxe,csposxehq
Replicate_Ignore_DB:
Replicate_Do_Table:
Replicate_Ignore_Table: csposxehq.yiisession,csposxe.reportcontrol,csposxehq.ReportD ata,csposxe.reportdata,csposxe.yiisession
Replicate_Wild_Do_Table:
Replicate_Wild_Ignore_Table:
Last_Errno: 0
Last_Error: Could not parse relay log event entry. The possible reasons are: the master’s binary log is corrupted (you can check this by running ‘mysqlbinlog’ on the binary log), the slave’s relay log is corrupted (you can check this by running ‘mysqlbinlog’ on the relay log), a network problem, or a bug in the master’s or slave’s MySQL code. If you want to check the master’s binary log or slave’s relay log, you will be able to know their names by issuing ‘SHOW SLAVE STATUS’ on this slave.
Skip_Counter: 0
Exec_Master_Log_Pos: 158467795
Relay_Log_Space: 43352744
Until_Condition: None
Until_Log_File:
Until_Log_Pos: 0
Master_SSL_Allowed: No
Master_SSL_CA_File:
Master_SSL_CA_Path:
Master_SSL_Cert:
Master_SSL_Cipher:
Master_SSL_Key:
Seconds_Behind_Master: NULL

I try to check the relay log and found something really weird as below:
Quote:

What is yongger2? I never seen this before in my database, and i try to check percona master bin log, i can see such query too. However the Percona Slave is working just fine.

I have other Percona Master and Slave server which is different from this 2, and i try to do replication to the same standard mysql server and same error came out too.

Thanks for help.