Does percona change slow_query_log automatically?

Hello everybody, this is my first post so I do not know if I am posting in the right place :o

I am a percona’s noob and I want to set slow_query_log OFF. So inside my my.conf file is set OFF. I also checked percona’s config files but I randomly detect this variable is been set ON.

I forced a change with my server up:

mysql> set global slow_query_log = 0;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)
mysql> show global variables like ‘slow_query_log’;
±---------------±------+
| Variable_name | Value |
±---------------±------+
| slow_query_log | OFF |
±---------------±------+
1 row in set (0.01 sec)

But a few hours later I found it ON again. I had logged changes 1 hour and 11 hours later after the last change.

mysql> show global variables like ‘slow_query_log’;
±---------------±------+
| Variable_name | Value |
±---------------±------+
| slow_query_log | ON |
±---------------±------+

So, I just want to know if pnn is enabling this variable ON or it is changed by any chron process or something similar. I also would thank any help to force slow_query_log to OFF

Cheers :slight_smile:

Hello there, welcome to the Forum. You are in the right place. :slight_smile: I’m not a tech but I just wanted to let you know your post had been seen and moderated. I will see if someone can help you with it.

Hello,

QAN will enable slow_query_log if you have mysql:queries service configured with query_source=slowlog.

Note, that QAN is capable of using performance schema to collect data. It can be done by passing --query-source perfschema when adding a service. With performance_schema QAN will not be enabling slow_query_log variable.

Please see [url]Percona Monitoring and Management for more information.