Critical: May be a bug in pt-table-checksum need little help in analyzing the data

Am experimenting with pt-table-checksum for checking integrity on prod servers am getting ambiguous results,

this is from one of the tables checksum result on stdout
TS ERRORS DIFFS ROWS CHUNKS SKIPPED TIME TABLE

05-30T17:08:11 0 1 0 1 0 0.013 xxx.xxx_test

the result in the percona.checksums table says there is no diff for table on master as well on the slave, but there is difference in the number of rows of data in the table.

±----±---------±------±-----------±------------±---------------±---------------±---------±---------±-----------±-----------±--------------------+
| db | tbl | chunk | chunk_time | chunk_index | lower_boundary | upper_boundary | this_crc | this_cnt | master_crc | master_cnt | ts |
±----±---------±------±-----------±------------±---------------±---------------±---------±---------±-----------±-----------±--------------------+
| xxx | xxx_test | 1 | 0.001505 | NULL | NULL | NULL | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 2014-05-30 17:08:11 |

I tried different combinations and all the time the result showed as if there is no difference in the number of rows
master_cnt this_cnt actual master_cnt actual this_cnt
0 0 0 2
2 2 2 3
3 3 3 2

something like that how ever i try the result in the table for both master_cnt and this_cnt remained the same value as that of master_cnt, how ever the row count in the slave is. But in the STDOUT result set the Diff to ‘1’ indicating the data is different in that table.

Need help urgently, some one help.

Thanks
DL

The outputs in a better way:
STDOUT
TS :05-30T19:32:02
ERRORS :0
DIFFS :1
ROWS :11
CHUNKS :1
SKIPPED :0
TIME :0.012
TABLE :xxx.xxx_test

checksums table:

db : xxx
tbl : xxx_test
chunk : 1
chunk_time : 0.001468
chunk_index : NULL
lower_boundary : NULL
upper_boundary : NULL
this_crc : ee8960c
this_cnt : 11(actual row count is 5)
master_crc : ee8960c
master_cnt : 11
ts : 2014-05-30 19:32:02

Rows on master are : 11 and Rows on Slave : 5 still if you have any queries on my Question please feel free to ping me…
Thanks

Hi, are you looking at the percona.checksum table on the master? On the master, the this_crc and master_crc would always agree with each other since they are the same thing, the same for this_cnt and master_cnt.

Please check percona.checksum on the slave server to see the difference between the slave and the master.

Here is the documentation that explains how the tool works: [url]http://www.percona.com/doc/percona-toolkit/2.2/pt-table-checksum.html[/url]