Core dump during apply-log for incremental backup

I’ve got a job that runs on our slave servers to backup a few databases to an NFS share. Every so often, we get a bad backup, usually an incremental, which causes a core dump when we attempt to apply logs. (We wait a week for this just in case.)

My only question here is, once that incremental rollup fails, is the full backup to which we’ve applied a partial recovery now effectively broken? The DB itself seems perfectly healthy, and subsequent backups and apply-log attempts seem to work, so I think I’m fighting off an IO problem more than anything else.

I just want to know if I’m sitting on garbage data at this point, because I can at least tweak my backup schedules to reduce IO contention on the NFS share and avoid these problems, and delete anything that’s no longer useful to me.

Thanks!

Hi,

> My only question here is, once that incremental rollup fails, is the full backup to which we’ve applied a partial recovery now effectively broken?

Yes, it can be broken because it might be possible that half of the details are updated and half not. So you can not trust on that data.