Bug with Percona Server for MongoDB 4.4.27-26 on AWS EKS

trouble launching Percona Server for MongoDB 4.4.27-26 on AWS EKS. Pods are failing with the following:

Defaulted container "mongod" out of: mongod, backup-agent, mongo-init (init)
MongoDB version v4.4 present, using mongo shell
+ exec 'numactl --interleave=all' mongod --bind_ip_all --auth --dbpath=/data/db --port=27017 --replSet=cfg --storageEngine=wiredTiger --relaxPermChecks --clusterAuthMode=keyFile --keyFile=/etc/mongodb-secrets/mongodb-key --configsvr --enableEncryption --encryptionKeyFile=/etc/mongodb-encryption/encryption-key --wiredTigerCacheSizeGB=2.85 --wiredTigerCollectionBlockCompressor=snappy --wiredTigerJournalCompressor=snappy --wiredTigerIndexPrefixCompression=true --config=/etc/mongodb-config/mongod.conf --tlsAllowInvalidCertificates
/opt/percona/ps-entry.sh: line 509: exec: numactl --interleave=all: not found

Hey @gabeguz - could you please share steps to reproduce?

1. which image is that?
  2. what are the params for docker run or compose, etc?

Hey Sergey, I think this was “user error” it appears we weren’t going through the version service when fetching -latest and so were pulling in a version of MonogDB that wasn’t supported by our version of the operator. I think we’ve sorted this on our end. Thanks.

I am hitting this, weirdly only on a local minikube installation but not in EKS. Both use the exact same chart (1.14.3) as well as mongo itself (percona/percona-server-mongodb:4.2) and operator (percona/percona-server-mongodb-operator:1.14.0).

There are 2 substantial differences:

• EKS is airgapped and minikube isn’t
  • Minikube allows unsafe configs to enable 1 replica per rs. EKS doesn’t and has 3

The manifests on both environments are otherwise identical.

There has been a recent (Jan 12th) commit that seems related:

Although the versions of everything we use are far older than that. Trying to determine if the ps-entry scripts are different on EKS and on minikube somehow.