About the issues on running Percona Xtrabackup

I have been using mysql for a while and I have use mysqldump for performing backups and now I want to perform physical backup using the xtrabackup tool. I have successfully installed the xtrabackup too;, but when I try to eecute the xtrabackup command with the options “./xtrabackup --backup -u xxxx -p -S /tmp/mysql.sock --target-dir=/home/pc/mysql/sql/backup --datadir=/home/pc/mysql/sql/data --no-server-version-check” I’m encountering with a specific error which I have inserted in the jpeg file. In simple it shows that the innodb log files can’t be accessed like that, so anyone kindly help to solve this error

HI, Welcome to the Percona Community…!

Mostly this looks like a permissions issue. Can you check the MySQL Version and XtraBackup version.
We recommend same version of Percona Xtrabackup and MySQL Server for taking backups. So, Check the permission first , match the versions if not working.

Note: As per the screenshot, MySQL Version is 8.0.31 and please refer here for compression details starting with Percona XtraBackup 8.0.31-24.

Yeah sir I’m currently using Mysql 8.0.31 and percona xtrabackup version 8.0.26, whether thats the reason for the error ?

The command in the screenshot shows you are trying to take a backup to the MySQL datadir location.
could you correct the target dir location or use a different location and try?

./xtrabackup --backup -u xxxx -p -S /tmp/mysql.sock --target-dir=/home/pc/backup --no-server-version-check

Yeah let me try it with the solution you gave