Error " ERROR 1146 (42S02): Table 'database.tablename' doesn't exist" after restoration

Hi ,

My problem is I restored successfully the full and incremental backup.Afer restoration, i checked the data consistency. This shows shows “ERROR 1146 (42S02): Table ‘databasename.tablename’ doesn’t exist” even the table is available.This error comes for only few databases.some database restoration and data consistency is good.(I found that I facing the table not exist error for the innodb tables.In myisam tables not have this issue)

kindly help me to get the solution.

Thanks
raj

Hi Raj,

Looks like its data dictionary issue. Can you check again that ibdata and .frm files are restored properly? AFAIK, xtrabackup by itself didn’t copy the .frm files but innobackupex do it. Can you provide command line how you are restoring backup? If innodb_file_per_table is enable then, are you getting .frm files in individual table dir?

Hi Niljoshi,

Thanks for your valuable reply.Yes I got solution for this.The mistake i was made that i have separate datadir for innodb files so i was mistakenly restored the ibdata file in wrong path.Now,its working fine.Thanks a lot niljoshi.

Thanks
raj