Give remote user MySQL root access , How ?

Hello Everyone,

Since now i am using percona mysql replication for my replication services, My users are not able to gain mysql root access from remote servers.

I have tried the usual steps, But they dont work :frowning:

Can any body help me with the steps how can i achieve the same ?

Thank you

[URL]http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html[/URL]

Hello gmouse,

My apologies for what ever was inappropriate that you have pointed out in my post above !!

To let you know what i have done so far and which is not working is as follows :-

I am trying to give “mysqlroot access to the ip ‘10.222.1.140’

[I]After logging on to 10.222.1.140 i issue these commands in mysql mode :-[/I]

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON . TO ‘root’@‘%’ IDENTIFIED BY ‘s0meP@$$@0rd’ WITH GRANT OPTION;GRANT ALL ON . to root@‘%’ IDENTIFIED BY ‘s0meP@$$@0rd’; GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON . TO ‘root’@‘10.222.1.140’IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD ‘s0meP@$$@0rd’ WITH GRANT OPTION;GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON . TO root@‘localhost’ IDENTIFIED BY ‘s0meP@$$@0rd’;GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON . TO root@‘127.0.0.1’ IDENTIFIED BY ‘s0meP@$$@0rd’;GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON . TO ‘root’@’%’ IDENTIFIED BY ‘s0meP@$$@0rd’ WITH GRANT OPTION;

All the above statements that i have issued on my server have failed to allow me into the server from remote servers AND yes this is for local network !!!

root@rack02 ~ # mysql -uroot@10.222.1.140 -pEnter password:ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user ‘root@10.222.1.14’@‘localhost’ (using password: YES)

I have made sure my FIREWALL is Disabled and i have also FLUSH PRIVILEGES after every statement above.

But nothing works :frowning:

Kindly let me know what could be missing ?