Not the answer you need?
Register and ask your own question!
Many Forum changes were implemented on Tue 22 Sep. Read about new Ranks, Scoring, and Reactions.
Email [email protected] for any comments or concerns.

phpMyAdmin login fails with Percona Tools optimization of my.cnf

Jan SEOJan SEO EntrantInactive User Role Beginner
After installing an optimized version of my.cnf from tools.percona.com the phpMyAdmin login fails for both regular MySQL users and the root user (based on Plesk admin login).

The error returned by phpMyAdmin is:

#1130 Cannot log in to the MySQL server</pre>

When I restore the old my.cnf, the error is gone and login succeeds.

The my.cnf from tools.percona.com is the following:

# Generated by Percona Configuration Wizard version REL5-20120208[mysql]# CLIENT #port = 3306socket = /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock[mysqld]# GENERAL #user = mysqldefault_storage_engine = InnoDBsocket = /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sockpid_file = /var/lib/mysql/mysql.pid# MyISAM #key_buffer_size = 32Mmyisam_recover = FORCE,BACKUP# SAFETY #max_allowed_packet = 16Mmax_connect_errors = 1000000skip_name_resolvesql_mode = sysdate_is_now = 1innodb = FORCEinnodb_strict_mode = 1# DATA STORAGE #datadir = /var/lib/mysql/# BINARY LOGGING #log_bin = /var/lib/mysql/mysql-binexpire_logs_days = 14sync_binlog = 1# CACHES AND LIMITS #tmp_table_size = 32Mmax_heap_table_size = 32Mquery_cache_type = 0query_cache_size = 0max_connections = 500thread_cache_size = 50open_files_limit = 65535table_definition_cache = 1024table_open_cache = 2048# INNODB #innodb_flush_method = O_DIRECTinnodb_log_files_in_group = 2innodb_log_file_size = 128Minnodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit = 1innodb_file_per_table = 1innodb_buffer_pool_size = 2G# LOGGING #log_error = /var/lib/mysql/mysql-error.loglog_queries_not_using_indexes = 1slow_query_log = 1slow_query_log_file = /var/lib/mysql/mysql-slow.log</pre>

Does anyone have an idea what option is the cause?

Comments

• gmousegmouse Mod Squad Inactive User Role Beginner
    Different data directory perhaps? What is your old config file?
  • Jan SEOJan SEO Entrant Inactive User Role Beginner
    Dear gmouse,

Thanks a lot for the reply!

The old config is the following:

[mysqld]datadir=/var/lib/mysqlsocket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sockuser=mysql# Disabling symbolic-links is recommended to prevent assorted security riskssymbolic-links=0# Semisynchronous Replication# dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/replication-semisync.html# uncomment next line on MASTER;plugin-load=rpl_semi_sync_master=semisync_master.so# uncomment next line on SLAVE;plugin-load=rpl_semi_sync_slave=semisync_slave.so# Others options for Semisynchronous Replication;rpl_semi_sync_master_enabled=1;rpl_semi_sync_master_timeout=10;rpl_semi_sync_slave_enabled=1# dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/performance-schema.html;performance_schema[mysqld_safe]log-error=/var/log/mysqld.logpid-file=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid</pre>

When I return this config (and delete ib_logfile0 and ib_logfile1 files) and restart MySQL, I am able to login to phpMyAdmin again. (using regular authentication via a form)