Error while testing grafana Alerting in PMM2

Hi Team,

We are receiving the Error “Failed to send Alert Notifications” while testing the Alert through Grafana.

Log file:

lvl=eror msg=“Failed to send alert notification email” logger=alerting.notifier.email error=“Failed to send notification to email addresses: kalyan@xxxxx.com : x509: certificate has expired or is not yet valid: current time 2020-11-09T05:38:50Z is after 2020-09-09T18:11:40Z”

Regards,

kalyan varma

Hi,

Here is a blog post of how to setting up email in PMM.

https://www.percona.com/blog/2020/07/07/enable-email-sending-in-percona-monitoring-and-management-2/

@adivinho Is it mandatory to specify below two lines in grafana.ini. Because we are restricted and cannot generate any App Passwords. So, we cannot specify our Account details Directly. Can you please let me know would it work if we do not specify below two parameters.

-e GF_SMTP_USER= \

-e GF_SMTP_PASSWORD= \

Regards,

kalyan varma

gmail requires some sort of authentication to relay email…if you can’t get a role account, can’t specify an app password than I’m not sure what other avenues are available. Do you have an internal SMTP server you can point your PMM instance to that doesn’t require SMTP auth?

@steve.hoffman yep. Let me check and see if it works.

Thanks,

kalyan varma