Can i safely cancel pt-archiver which is running for last 20+ hours

Hello,

I have started this to delete rows… It is running for last 20+ hours

pt-archiver --source h=localhost,D=XXX,t=ory_uint --purge --where “clock < ‘1527724800’” --purge --no-check-columns --no-check-charset --limit=1 --commit-each --statistics --progress=100

I would like to stop it.

Please advise.

Thank You!

Hello,

You can stop ip since pt-archiver will try to catch the termination signal.
From the documentation: https://www.percona.com/doc/percona-toolkit/LATEST/pt-archiver.html#error-handling

Regards

Thank you Carlos!

I read through the link.

From the pt-archiver - i see it so far it completed x M rows - So, when I cancel it via ctrl+c - does the pt-archiver deleted those rows that matched till ctrl+c ?

Yes, it will try to do a clean break.

ok thank you!

HI Carlos, 
Based on your comments. Actually i need to know if pt-archiver can wait if the source tables have any queries running on it then it let them complete and that and then it runs again. 

pt-archiver --source h=127.0.0.1,P=3306,D=,t=tbl1,u=**,p=******** --where "LAST_UPD_DT > ‘2018-06-02’ " --dest h=127.0.0.1,P=3306,u=,p=,D=*****,t=tbl2–limit=50000 --ignore --progress 100000 --no-delete --max-lag=300s --sleep=1 --statistics

so here if tbl1 has some bulk DMLs running on it for few hours then will it wait till the those transactions are complete or will it come out. 

Also if I use --retries=100 or 1000 then will it try restarting the copy or will it fail?