Not the answer you need?
Register and ask your own question!

How to use pmm2 dashboards & exporter in our existing grafana & Prometheus setup

Hi , 
i have a centralised grafana dashboard across vertical to monitor the metrics with diff data sources including
prometheus . i want to integrate pmm2 dashboard and exporter*  in our existing setup. i have imported all dashboards in our existing grafana with Prometheus datasource  and dashboards loaded successfully. Can you plz guide and suggest how can i use all pmm2 exporter in our existing setup so that no need to change the query format/variables under  pmm2 dashboards . 

Answers

• adivinhoadivinho Percona Percona Staff Role
    edited April 16
    Hi,
    Here is the list of labels with example data that have to be added in Prometheus targets in order to correctly process formulas in
    dashboards.
        labels:
         agent_id: /agent_id/6e726077-bd18-46f4-a4ba-4395d5e8c370
         agent_type: postgres_exporter
         instance: /agent_id/6e726077-bd18-46f4-a4ba-4395d5e8c370
         node_id: pmm-server
         node_name: pmm-server
         node_type: generic
         region: South Central US
         service_id: /service_id/508b7436-584a-4b7f-9ec1-733a1a238ea3
         service_name: pmm-server-postgresql
         service_type: postgresql

• jaiswalvinny9@gmail.com[email protected] Entrant Current User Role Participant
    Thanks for the input . Already configured and it's working fine except one dashboard  ( Home Dashboard ) . I'm getting an error while importing Home dashboard over grafana as panel plugin not found : pmm-update -panel . As per git repo , https://github.com/percona/grafana-dashboards/tree/master/pmm-app/src/pmm-update-panel this is not plugin , this  come from repo . Can you plz help me to resolve this dependency as plugin or alternate way . 
    I think you may just remove this pmm-update element from the Home dashboard. Anyway it has no functionality in your installation.
    Here are steps for building pmm-app plugin and adding it into Grafana in case if you decide to keep the element.
    # git clone https://github.com/percona/grafana-dashboards
    # git checkout PMM-2.0
    # cd grafana-dashboards/pmm-app/
    # npm i
    # npm run build
    # cp -r ../pmm-app /var/lib/grafana/plugins/
    Restart grafana after a plugin installing.

Also the plugin can be taken from the package percona-dashboards (https://repo.percona.com/pmm2-components/).
    Plugin is located in the next folder /usr/share/percona-dashboards

• Revana SidduRevana Siddu Current User Role Poster
    Hi,
    I am am same issue, where we have Standalone prometheus and grafana wanted to utilize QAN of PMM2 . Not errored due to plugin issue.. As suggested 

I have download the below rpm .. I need to copy only below files   to /var/lib/grafana/plugins/ ?
     rpm -qpl  percona-dashboards-2.6.1-14.2005181356.53769cb.el7.noarch.rpm

/usr/share/percona-dashboards/pmm-app/dist/react-plugins-deps/assets
    /usr/share/percona-dashboards/pmm-app/dist/react-plugins-deps/assets/50747258.png
    /usr/share/percona-dashboards/pmm-app/dist/react-plugins-deps/assets/Percona_XtraDB_Cluster.png
    /usr/share/percona-dashboards/pmm-app/dist/react-plugins-deps/assets/background.png
    /usr/share/percona-dashboards/pmm-app/dist/react-plugins-deps/assets/database.png
    /usr/share/percona-dashboards/pmm-app/dist/react-plugins-deps/assets/footer-logo.png
    /usr/share/percona-dashboards/pmm-app/dist/react-plugins-deps/assets/logo.png
    /usr/share/percona-dashboards/pmm-app/dist/react-plugins-deps/assets/mysql_64_black.png
    /usr/share/percona-dashboards/pmm-app/dist/react-plugins-deps/assets/percona-server-black-50.png
    /usr/share/percona-dashboards/pmm-app/dist/react-plugins-deps/assets/pmm-logo.svg
    /usr/share/percona-dashboards/pmm-app/dist/react-plugins-deps/assets/search.svg
    /usr/share/percona-dashboards/pmm-app/dist/react-plugins-deps/assets/sm-logo.png

Hi Revana,
    QAN requires connections to elements that are provided by pmm-server. So there is no chance to use the plugin without pmm-server.