Issue Installing PXC 8.0 from APT

So I’ve been following the instructions online at https://www.percona.com/doc/percona-xtradb-cluster/LATEST/install/apt.html#apt to install the 8.0 release of PXC, but I get the following error when running sudo apt update:

N: Skipping acquire of configured file 'main/binary-i386/Packages' as repository 'http://repo.percona.com/pxc-80/apt bionic InRelease' doesn't support architecture 'i386'

I’ve confirmed that the server is running on amd64, not i386, so I’m not sure why it is looking for that architecture.  Overriding the architecture in the percona-pxc-80-release.list allows apt update to complete, but then I get an error saying it can’t find the percona-xtradb-cluster-80-full package.
Output of uname -all is:

Linux ballys 4.15.0-96-generic #97-Ubuntu SMP Wed Apr 1 03:25:46 UTC 2020 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Can anyone help?

1 Like

Hi.
I’ve tried to reproduce this issue but without success
vagrant@ubuntu-bionic:~$ sudo percona-release setup pxc-80

* Disabling all Percona Repositories

* Enabling the Percona XtraDB Cluster 8.0 repository

* Enabling the Percona Tools repository

Hit:1 Index of /ubuntu bionic InRelease

Get:2 Index of /ubuntu bionic-updates InRelease [88.7 kB]                               
Get:3 Index of /ubuntu bionic-security InRelease [88.7 kB]                               
Get:4 Percona Repo bionic InRelease [6,881 B]                                                   
Get:5 Percona Repo bionic InRelease [15.9 kB]                                                     
Get:6 Index of /ubuntu bionic-backports InRelease [74.6 kB]                                                    
Get:7 Index of /ubuntu bionic/universe amd64 Packages [8,570 kB]                                       
Get:8 Percona Repo bionic/main Sources [1,136 B]                                                 
Get:9 Percona Repo bionic/main amd64 Packages [6,922 B]                                                          
Get:10 Percona Repo bionic/main Sources [7,924 B]                                      
Get:11 Index of /ubuntu bionic-security/main amd64 Packages [710 kB]

Get:12 Percona Repo bionic/main amd64 Packages [25.9 kB]                           
Get:13 Index of /ubuntu bionic/universe Translation-en [4,941 kB]                                                
Get:14 Index of /ubuntu bionic-security/main Translation-en [226 kB]     
Get:15 Index of /ubuntu bionic-security/restricted amd64 Packages [40.3 kB]            
Get:16 Index of /ubuntu bionic-security/restricted Translation-en [10.2 kB]         
Get:17 Index of /ubuntu bionic-security/universe amd64 Packages [662 kB]                     
Get:18 Index of /ubuntu bionic-security/universe Translation-en [220 kB]                     
Get:19 Index of /ubuntu bionic-security/multiverse amd64 Packages [7,392 B]                
Get:20 Index of /ubuntu bionic-security/multiverse Translation-en [2,788 B]            
Get:21 Index of /ubuntu bionic/multiverse amd64 Packages [151 kB]                       
Get:22 Index of /ubuntu bionic/multiverse Translation-en [108 kB]

Get:23 Index of /ubuntu bionic-updates/main amd64 Packages [933 kB]

Get:24 Index of /ubuntu bionic-updates/main Translation-en [319 kB]

Get:25 Index of /ubuntu bionic-updates/restricted amd64 Packages [50.1 kB]

Get:26 Index of /ubuntu bionic-updates/restricted Translation-en [12.6 kB]

Get:27 Index of /ubuntu bionic-updates/universe amd64 Packages [1,068 kB]

Get:28 Index of /ubuntu bionic-updates/universe Translation-en [332 kB]

Get:29 Index of /ubuntu bionic-updates/multiverse amd64 Packages [15.5 kB]

Get:30 Index of /ubuntu bionic-updates/multiverse Translation-en [6,352 B]

Get:31 Index of /ubuntu bionic-backports/main amd64 Packages [7,516 B]

Get:32 Index of /ubuntu bionic-backports/main Translation-en [4,764 B]

Get:33 Index of /ubuntu bionic-backports/universe amd64 Packages [7,484 B]

Get:34 Index of /ubuntu bionic-backports/universe Translation-en [4,436 B]

Fetched 18.7 MB in 4s (4,924 kB/s)               
Reading package lists… Done

vagrant@ubuntu-bionic:~$ sudo apt install percona-xtradb-cluster-full

Building dependency tree        
Reading state information… Done

The following additional packages will be installed:

debsums libaio1 libboost-program-options1.65.1 libdbd-mysql-perl libdbi-perl libdpkg-perl libev4 libfile-fcntllock-perl

libfile-fnmatch-perl libmecab2 libmysqlclient20 mysql-common percona-xtradb-cluster-client percona-xtradb-cluster-common

percona-xtradb-cluster-dbg percona-xtradb-cluster-garbd percona-xtradb-cluster-garbd-debug percona-xtradb-cluster-server

percona-xtradb-cluster-server-debug percona-xtradb-cluster-test qpress socat

Suggested packages:

libclone-perl libmldbm-perl libnet-daemon-perl libsql-statement-perl debian-keyring gcc | c-compiler binutils bzr tinyca pv

The following NEW packages will be installed:

debsums libaio1 libboost-program-options1.65.1 libdbd-mysql-perl libdbi-perl libdpkg-perl libev4 libfile-fcntllock-perl

libfile-fnmatch-perl libmecab2 libmysqlclient20 mysql-common percona-xtradb-cluster-client percona-xtradb-cluster-common

percona-xtradb-cluster-dbg percona-xtradb-cluster-full percona-xtradb-cluster-garbd percona-xtradb-cluster-garbd-debug

percona-xtradb-cluster-server percona-xtradb-cluster-server-debug percona-xtradb-cluster-test qpress socat

0 upgraded, 23 newly installed, 0 to remove and 22 not upgraded.

Need to get 831 MB of archives.

After this operation, 1,813 MB of additional disk space will be used.

Do you want to continue? [Y/n]

1 Like

The documentation states that the package to install is percona-xtradb-cluster-full-80, not percona-xtradb-cluster-full as you showed in your example.  Trying to install the percona-xtradb-cluster-full package gives me a different error regarding dependencies, which we will look into on our end, as we are noticing other weird situations on this particular server.

1 Like

hi @NJSmith
Thanks for notifying about the issue in documentation. It should be fixed in the nearest future.
If you show me the issue which you have with installation - I would try to help you.

1 Like

Did you get this solved?

1 Like

anyone have a solution for this? I have tried this on 3 of my Ubuntu 18 servers and they all do give the same error:

sudo percona-release setup pxc80

• Disabling all Percona Repositories

• Enabling the Percona XtraDB Cluster 8.0 repository

• Enabling the Percona Tools repository

N: Skipping acquire of configured file ‘main/binary-i386/Packages’ as repository ‘Percona Repo bionic InRelease’ doesn’t support architecture ‘i386’

Hi @jyhetpos
Could you please share the contents of /etc/apt/sources.list.d/percona-pxc-80-release.list file, which was created on “sudo percona-release setup pxc80” command execution.

Hi @jyhetpos
In addition, could you also check the results of the following commands

sudo dpkg --print-architecture

and

sudo dpkg --print-foreign-architectures

In case your main architecture is “amd64” and foreign one is “i386”, this means that your system was configured to allow to install/run “i386” packages/applications.
In this case, in order to get rid of that warning message, it would be needed to define the only supported architecture for pxc80 repo(in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/percona-pxc-80-release.list file):

deb [arch=amd64] http://repo.percona.com/pxc-80/apt bionic main

Please note that the above solution is not permanent, because if you decide to re-setup “pxc80” repository, the file will be regenerated from scratch.

Also you may check if you have any packages of “i386” arch installed. If no, and if you really don’t need it, you may remove support of foreign “i386” arch, so the warning message will also dissapear.