Not the answer you need?
Register and ask your own question!
Many Forum changes were implemented on Tue 22 Sep. Read about new Ranks, Scoring, and Reactions.
Email [email protected] for any comments or concerns.

Reading MySQL Slow Query graph on Grafana

sh123sh123 ContributorCurrent User Role Novice
I'm having troubles understanding what the graph shows for the MySQL Slow Query graph, particularly with what the y axis represents.
I've attached photos of some results I see, I understand the graph shows all slow queries that took longer than the long_query_time variable set. For my case the value is 0.25 . So I'm seeing all queries that took longer than 0.25s. But I thought I would be seeing number i.e. integers in the y axis to show number x slow queries within a specific time frame. But i'm seeing decimals, lower than 0.25 value which confuses me.

Comments

• Rick JamesRick James Contributor Current User Role Novice
    I suggest it is slow queries per second. When the x-axis is on the order of second(s), then integral values make sense. When the x-increment is 5 minutes, then I imagine it is sampling every 10 seconds (or summarizing down to that), hence a reading of 0.10 would represent 1 slow query in the last 10 seconds. Be sure to check long_query_time. It defaults to a virtually useless 10 seconds. Crank that down to perhaps 1 (or even some fractional value) to catch more than the egregiously long-running queries.