Not the answer you need?
Register and ask your own question!

Percona Cluster Performance Question

mwarblemwarble ContributorCurrent User Role Supporter
I'm currently using Percona Cluster for the HA aspect and have my application configured to use only a single node at any given time in a 3 node cluster. This essentially treats one node as a master and the other 2 nodes as slaves. If I were to use all 3 nodes in a normal multi-master configuration, is there any performance benefit to this from a write standpoint? Since a write to one node is written to the others as well, it would seem you are putting the same burden on the cluster regardless if you write to a single node or load balance to all 3. I understand there would be a read performance benefit, I just want to know if splitting the writing between the 3 nodes would also provide a write performance benefit? Thanks.

Comments

• krunalbauskarkrunalbauskar Advisor Inactive User Role Novice
    Hello,

It all depends on how your writes are configured.

If you continue to write/update the same tables from 3 different nodes, there are increased chances of conflicts (again depends on data) and so you may need to retry failed transaction.

But say you plan to update different tables from 3 different nodes you may see an improved performance given you are getting consistent data on all 3 nodes.

(Read as you pointed always gain from 3 nodes)

----

Important: Please use PXC-5.7 for improved performance. Starting 5.7.17 we have fixed major performance bottleneck in PXC. Latest PXC is 5.7.24

Regards,
    Krunal