xtrabackup: error: failed to read metadata from xtrabackup_checkpoints

Hello,

I am using percona-xtrabackup-24 and percona-server-server-5.7. Then I run the below command to have an incremental backup, but it could not succeed. Although, I already have a full backup before. [INDENT]r[I]oot@db2:# innobackupex --user=root --password=#### --slave-info --compress --no-timestamp --databases =“db1 db2 information_schema performance_schema sys” --incremental /root/s3/db2/incremental/20181217 --incremental-basedir =/root/s3/db2/full/20181215
xtrabackup: recognized server arguments:
xtrabackup: recognized client arguments:
encryption: using gcrypt 1.6.5
181217 11:10:45 innobackupex: Starting the backup operation

IMPORTANT: Please check that the backup run completes successfully.
At the end of a successful backup run innobackupex
prints “completed OK!”.

xtrabackup: Error: cannot open /root/s3/db2/incremental/20181217/=/root/s3/db2/full/20181215//xtrabackup_checkpoints
xtrabackup: error: failed to read metadata from /root/s3mysqlbackup/db2.aws.innogr.am/incremental/20181217/=/root/s3/db2/full/20181215//xtrabackup_checkpoints[/I][/INDENT]

Here is xtrabackup_checkpoints file [INDENT]root@db2:~/s3/db2/full/20181215# cat xtrabackup_checkpoints
backup_type = full-backuped
from_lsn = 0
to_lsn = 4083583846616
last_lsn = 4083600201179
compact = 0
recover_binlog_info = 0
[/INDENT]

Could you please help me understand this and how to solve?
Thank you so much.

Regards,
Tien

Hello,

You have typos in your command (extra spaces).

Please try with the following command:

[I]innobackupex --user=root --password=#### --slave-info --compress --no-timestamp --databases="db1 db2 information_schema performance_schema sys" --incremental /root/s3/db2/incremental/20181217 --incremental-basedir=/root/s3/db2/full/20181215

[/I]

As a side note, innobackupex is deprecated and it is advisable to use xtrabackup directly.

Thank a lot IMP you saved my life. Now the incremental backup is running well :slight_smile:
Have a nice day!

I am confusing about that. I remembered that innobackupex already includes xtrabackup when I googled. Could you help me understand clearly?
Thank you IMP

tphanix

In recent versions, the innobackupex program is a symlink to the xtrabackup C program. It is also deprecated, which means it might be removed in next major release (it is still present in PXB 8.0 though).

This doc page might be interesting for you: [URL=“The innobackupex Program - Percona XtraBackup”]https://www.percona.com/doc/percona-...ex_script.html[/URL]

Best,
IMP.