templates not found in Percona Monitoring Plugins 1.1.8

Hi Guys !!!
I’ve download the latest Percona Monitoring Plugins 1.1.8 for monitoring MySQL instances using cacti. But can’t find any templates files in percona-monitoring-plugins-1.1.8/cacti directory.

root@monitor:/home/cacti/percona-monitoring-plugins-1.1.8/cacti# ll
total 24
drwxr-xr-x 6 mysql 122 4096 Jan 10 14:44 ./
drwxr-xr-x 11 mysql 122 4096 Jan 10 14:44 …/
drwxr-xr-x 2 mysql 122 4096 Jan 10 14:44 bin/
drwxr-xr-x 2 mysql 122 4096 Jan 10 14:44 definitions/
drwxr-xr-x 2 mysql 122 4096 Jan 10 14:44 misc/
drwxr-xr-x 2 mysql 122 4096 Jan 10 14:44 scripts/

How get and install templates for percona -monitoring-plugins-1.1.8 ?

Reference Links :
[url]https://www.percona.com/blog/2018/02/05/percona-monitoring-plugins-1-1-8-release-now-available/[/url]
[url]https://www.percona.com/doc/percona-monitoring-plugins/1.1/cacti/installing-templates.html[/url]

Hi nilaxan;

The files you need to copy to your Cacti installation should be in the scripts sub directory.

From the tutorial you linked:

root@cactiserver# tar zxf percona-monitoring-plugins-1.0.0.tar.gz
root@cactiserver# cd percona-monitoring-plugins-1.0.0/cacti/
root@cactiserver# cp scripts/ss_get_mysql_stats.php /usr/share/cacti/site/scripts

Probably trips people up because it has you “cd” into the cacti directory instead of all the way into the scripts sub directory where you are actually copying from, so you have to specify the scripts sub directory in the “cp” command as it shows.

Hi scott.nemes

I’ve correctly copied ss_get_mysql_stats.php script from percona-monitoring-plugins/cacti directory into cacti’s scripts location.

My question is " cloud not find the templates (.xml files used for graphing)" in the latest percona-monitoring-plugins 1.1.8 release ( Linux Generic )

Hi nilaxan;

Apologies for the confusion, I misunderstood what you were asking. With the generic Linux tarball it looks like you have to generate the templates yourself by running “make.sh” (should be in the base directory of where the files were exacted). That will place the templates in “./release/code/cacti/templates/”.

However it is much easier to install them via one of the percona-monitoring-plugin packages (i.e. RPM or DEB), as those have the templates already built. I just did a test install on Ubuntu 16.04 with a DEB package, and it automatically placed them in the right spot (/usr/share/cacti/resource/percona/templates/ in my case of a default cacti install).

Hi Scott Nemes

Thank you very much for detailed explanation. I also installed and checked percona-monitoring-plugin (version 1.1.8) using .deb installation files. It worked as expected on Ubuntu 16.04.