It's it possible to using XtraDB cluster as a slave?

Hi,

I want to use a cluster of servers using XtraDB as a slave and I want the master see a cluster like a single server (slave).
Is this possible?
I have attached a diagram.

I tried several configurations, but it did not work.

Thank you for help

photoid=49278

1 Like

Ideally what you want to do is assign one cluster node as the async slave of the master standalone instance. That async slave will receive replication events from the async master and will also be the one to “distribute” the data to the other cluster nodes.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer.
How i can find a documentation for create a async master/slave?

Asynchronous replication is independent from Galera, and you may set it up just like from any other standalone server. You may use similar steps as here for example:
[url]https://www.percona.com/doc/percona-xtrabackup/LATEST/howtos/setting_up_replication.html[/url]

Remember to enable log_slave_updates on PXC nodes!

See a similar case: [url]https://www.percona.com/blog/2013/05/01/follow-these-basics-when-migrating-to-percona-xtradb-cluster-for-mysql/[/url]

But actually - why to bother with async replication at all here? Why not use all in same PXC cluster, and just designate one node as writer/master if needed?

^ hi! yeah makes more sense plus easier to mange. thanks for the advice.

Hi,

I have created a similar setup in my current environment. I have a three node Percona Xtradb Cluster. One of these nodes is configured as a slave (replica) of the existing Master database (from the master-slave setup).
However, the replication just stalls and I see the below warning continuously printed in the error log.

[Warning] [MY-000000] [WSREP] Pending to replicate MySQL GTID event (probably a stale event). Discarding it now.

What could be wrong with my setup?

1 Like

Hello,

I also created a similar setup. 3-node cluster and one of them is configured as a slave.

[Warning] WSREP: Pending to replicate MySQL GTID event (probably a stale event). Discarding it now.
[Note] Slave SQL for channel '': Could not execute Update_rows event on table student_tokyo.pe_activities; Can't find record in 'student_activities', Error_code: 1032; handler error HA_ERR_KEY_NOT_FOUND; the event's master log mysql-bin.004002, end_log_pos 35027786, Error_code: 1032