First Run, Bootstrapping fails

Hello togehter, I’m new to Linux, mySQL and Percona Cluster, but I’ll do my very best to setup a xtradb Cluster with 3 Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS nodes - it’s needed for an internal project and the developers had made their requierments… so here I am and hope for a little help.

I’ve done step by step what is provided in the PDF [url]https://learn.percona.com/hubfs/Manuals/Percona_XtraDB_Cluster/PXC-5.7/Percona-XtraDB-Cluster-5.7.17-29.20.pdf[/url]

I’ve installed 3 Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS Servers. They are all in the same Network and I can ping anyone among themselves.
Then I installed percona xtradb from repository like it is discribed here on every server: [url]Redirecting
Uninstalled apparmor as well

After that I configured the /etc/mysql/my.cnf files on every server discribed here: [url]https://www.percona.com/doc/percona-xtradb-cluster/LATEST/configure.html#configure[/url]

After that I tried to bootstrap the first node but got Errors. Oen can be fixed by adding [mysqld] on top of the my.cnf

But I’m not able to fix the second one. I have no Idea what this means. Can anyone help?

~$ /etc/init.d/mysql bootstrap-pxc

• Bootstrapping Percona XtraDB Cluster database server mysqld * The server quit without updating PID file (/var/lib/mysql/svdb02.pid).

Thanks in advance to everyone who helps me out.

Can you please show us exact error you are getting ? Also, reviewing my.cnf from this node atleast would be helpful too.

Hello. Have similar situation as plex. First had some hostname issueses. Logs showed strange hostnames at /var/lib/mysq/$host.err file. Checked source of Percona-XtraDB-Cluster-5.7.17-29.20/build-ps/ubuntu/percona-xtradb-cluster-server-5.7.mysql.init:112. After editing /etc/hosts and restarting systemd-sysctl.service bootstraping failed with Access denied for user ‘root’@‘localhost’. mysql>show status like ‘wsrep%’ responds: wsrep_cluster_size 0, wsrep_cluster_status Disconnected, wsrep_ready ON. That’s all with default (untouched /etc/mysql/my.cnf) BUT as soon as I replace my.cnf (in attachment) mysql cannot be reachable.
Question 1: should wsrep_node_name value be the same as hostname of a machine? (concerns bootsraping node)
Question 2: can 1-st node be bootstraped if 3-rd for example runs, allready? wsrep_connected ON, wsrep_cluster_status Primary (fixed pid by info from [url]melikedev.com is for sale | HugeDomains)
Question 2.1 is melikedev’s method safe? works for latest releases of pxc?
Question 3: is 237.1.205.157 your service address (checked 4444 port availability) because at my 2nd node /var/lib/mysql/galera.cache shows:
Version: 1
GID: 5f719f62-4432-11e7-86b1-728b8e3e3db0
synced: 0
ySTRv12xtrabackup-v237.1.205.157:4444/xtrabackup_sst//1444/xtrabackup_sst//1

my.cnf.zip (526 Bytes)

mysqld: Can’t create directory ‘/var/lib/mysql/’ (Errcode: 13 - Permission denied)
and this is by instructions from pdf question do I have to setup latest cluster (57) as root? If you need some specific info i’m at your disposal.

Is it possible to leave messages on this forum? If you read this message you should know you have some uninstall issueses at latest (57) pxc on ubuntu. The one who wants ( as for me I pass, until you do somthing with forum of will be ready for communication [my mail: for_wov@ukr.net] , I allways ready to povide necessary information on pxc) purge and reinstall pxc (this means layziness from his/her side or a bit untested product from your side) one needs to download (by means of wget command) the latest release package AGAIN and reinstall. In case you didn’t get my latest message due to some forum issueses, the question still remains: is it necessary to use fqdn in /etc/mysql/my.cnf?