pt-online-schema-change stops with EXPLAIN statement error in Percona Toolkit 2.2.17

I want to alter the Primary key of a table using pt-online-schema change tool on MySQL 5.5 Master DB. I tested out two different versions of Percona. Version 2.1.0 worked correctly and changed the schema of the table. However, 2.2.17 does not work, and gives me this error:

2016-12-22T20:06:33 Error copying rows from management.table1 to management._table1_new: Error executing EXPLAIN SELECT /*!40001 SQL_NO_CACHE / column1, column1, column2, column1, column2, column3 FROM management.table1 FORCE INDEX(PRIMARY) WHERE ((column1 > ?) OR (column1 = ? AND column2 > ?) OR (column1 = ? AND column2 = ? AND column3 >= ?)) ORDER BY column1, column2, column3 LIMIT ?, 2 /next chunk boundary/: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘‘999’, 2 /next chunk boundary/’ at line 1 [for Statement "EXPLAIN SELECT /!40001 SQL_NO_CACHE */ column1, column1, column2, column1, column2, column3 FROM management.table1 FORCE INDEX(PRIMARY) WHERE ((column1 > ?) OR (column1 = ? AND column2 > ?) OR (column1 = ? AND column2 = ? AND column3 >= ?)) ORDER BY column1, column2, column3 LIMIT ?, 2 /next chunk boundary/"] at PerconaToolkit2.2.17/bin/pt-online-schema-change line 10883, line 1.

The command I am using to test is:

PerconaToolkit2.2.17/bin/pt-online-schema-change --ask-pass --host=localhost --port=8895 --socket=/Database1/mysql/state/mysql.sock --user=root --print --progress=percentage,1 --execute --nocheck-alter --alter “DROP PRIMARY KEY, ADD PRIMARY KEY (column1, column2, column3, column4)” D=management,t=table1

Can you help me out to check whats the issue here ?

What I think is happening here is that its not able to get the values in the placeholders ‘?’, due to which the statements contain ‘?’ which gives a syntax error. What could be the reason for the tool not taking the values into the queries ? Is any configuration missing ?