Percona XtraDB Cluster and MySQL database requirements

Hi,
I have single node MySQL database and now we want to go for Percona XtraDB cluster. I was reading some where and it is said that all tables must have Primary Key. Is this correct that all table must have Primary Key. What are other requirements ?
I have one database which is running 5.1 version do I need to first upgrade DB to 5.6 version . If so what is best method to do upgrade to 5.6 when DB size is more than 100 GB and mysqldump export/import is not a good option since it will take too much time.

If your production database is 5.1 it would be advisable to upgrade it to 5.5 then 5.6 and then set up the first Percona XtraDB Cluster (PXC) node as an async slave to the production server.

If you can afford some downtime, take a mysqldump backup from your 5.1 server and load it to single cluster PXC node. After loading the data, start nodes 2 and 3 of the same cluster and let it SST from the first node. Connect the application to one of the PXC nodes after all nodes are in sync.

Hi All,

I want to new test percona xtradb cluster setup from scratch, any documentation help for reference would be appreciated.

Hi Rajan,
You can use following to setup Cluster
[url]Percona XtraDB Cluster

If you search on youtube also for Percona XtraDB Cluster, you will find Video’s as well.