Bootstrapping PXC (Percona XtraDB Cluster)MySQL (Percona...

Hi,

I have problem with my Percona Cluster.
I try to run with this command and terminal show me:

/etc/init.d/mysql bootstrap-pxc

Bootstrapping PXC (Percona XtraDB Cluster)MySQL (Percona Xt[FALLÓ]uster) is not running, but lock file (/var/lock/subsys/mysql) exists
Starting MySQL (Percona XtraDB Cluster)…The server q[FALLÓ]hout updating PID file (/DATAMYSQL/data1/mysql.pid).
MySQL (Percona XtraDB Cluster) server startup failed! [FALLÓ]

I attached a txt with the log info.
Any help please?

Best regards.

Can you run:

ls -lah /path/to/datadir

Please provide my.cnf

If this is a new install, can you first initialize datadir with mysql_install_db --user=mysql --datadir=/path/to/datadir

Hi jrivera,

I attach you three more files (ls -lah, my.cnf, mysql_install_db)

This enviroment is a copy of other machines (a Cluster Percona that they work well).
I have changed the my.cnf, and wsrep.cnf and now try to run Percona…then I have that errors…

Thank you for the interest.

How was this ‘environment’ copied from other machines? I don’t see the mysql and performance_schema folders inside the datadir. I wonder how you copied this from a ‘working’ cluster.

What changes were made in your my.cnf and wsrep.cnf (i assume changes on wsrep settings).

Notable error(s) on the log:
/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqld: Table ‘mysql.plugin’ doesn’t exist
2015-07-03 09:42:59 963 [ERROR] Can’t open the mysql.plugin table. Please run mysql_upgrade to create it.

2015-07-03 09:42:59 963 [ERROR] Fatal error: Can’t open and lock privilege tables: Table ‘mysql.user’ doesn’t exist

Hi jrivera,

Sorry for mi explanation.
I mean that I have copied the machines that work well (with Cluster Percona) and all data/paths in other physical site.
I think that only I need to change the configurations files and try to start the Cluster Percona.

In the my.cnf I changed this parameters:
socket, pid-file, datadir, log-error and other more.

In the wsrep.cnf I changed this parameters:
wsrep_provider, wsrep_cluster_address, wsrep_node_address and other more.

I try to run mysql_install/mysql_upgrade and don’t work.

Any idea?
Thanks.

I have copied the machines that work well (with Cluster Percona) and all data/paths in other physical site.

I think the best way is to dump the data from the working cluster using mysqldump or xtrabackup and restore it to the new physical machine. Then bootstrap the first node.

The reason this would not work is because a straight copy of data directories is not the correct way of moving data from one machine to another. I may be wrong but the safest and cleanest way to do it is by using xtrabackup/mysqldump/mydumper.

Hi jrivera,

I have resolved the problem.

“/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqld: Table ‘mysql.plugin’ doesn’t exist
2015-07-03 09:42:59 963 [ERROR] Can’t open the mysql.plugin table. Please run mysql_upgrade to create it.

2015-07-03 09:42:59 963 [ERROR] Fatal error: Can’t open and lock privilege tables: Table ‘mysql.user’ doesn’t exist”

This errors were produced by a bad path creation when I copied my data/paths.
For this reason, the system don’t find the path of mysql.plugin/mysql.user.
I have modified this path and the problem was solved.

Now I received this message:

/etc/init.d/mysql bootstrap-pxc

Starting MySQL (Percona XtraDB Cluster)… [ OK ]

Thank you very much for your info and time!!!