pt-table-sync password in the old format please change the password to the new format

Hi All,

I’m looking at doing an upgrade from 5.5 to 5.6. I have 5.6 as a slave to 5.5 then i promote 5.6 as master later on.

I want to ensure data integrity by running pt-sync, but i’m getting this error:

DBI connect(‘;host=172.16.1.154;mysql_read_default_group=client’,‘myadmin’,…) failed: Server is running in --secure-auth mode, but ‘myadmin’@‘172.16.1.154’ has a password in the old format; please change the password to the new format at /usr/bin/pt-table-sync line 2220

But on master that user is already using new format:

select User,Host,Password from user where user=‘myadmin’ and Host=‘172.16.1.154’;
±-----------±-----------±------------------------------------------+
| User | Host | Password |
| myadmin | 172.16.1.154 | *F1234567893F0BBAFABBA0A6EE6AE9987654321A |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

May i know if anyone has encountered and have fixed the said issue. Thank you in advanced.

Nhadie

Can you please show the exact pt-table-sync command you used. Do you have new password hash on both i.e. master and slave ? Can you please show us the output as below:

master-mysql> SHOW GLOBAL VARIABLES LIKE ‘%password%’;
master-mysql> select user, host, length(password) from mysql.user where user=‘myadmin’;
slave-mysql> select user, host, length(password) from mysql.user where user=‘myadmin’;
slave-mysql> SHOW GLOBAL VARIABLES LIKE ‘%password%’;

The solution is probably to use new hashes on master and slave…

thank you for giving me an idea…the slave was still using the old hashes…it works now.