5.6.17-66.0 performance schema issues

I’ve just upgraded a server from Percona Server 5.6.16-64.1 to 5.6.17-66.0 and got the following error in the log for every performance_schema table:

2014-06-12 08:29:14 21012 [ERROR] /usr/sbin/mysqld: Incorrect information in file: './performance_schema/accounts.frm'
2014-06-12 08:29:14 21012 [ERROR] Native table 'performance_schema'.'accounts' has the wrong structure

I ran mysql_upgrade to see if this would solve the issue, which again produced the following error for every performance_schema table:

2014-06-12 08:29:39 21012 [ERROR] /usr/sbin/mysqld: Incorrect information in file: './performance_schema/accounts.frm'

After which, whenever I try and read from a performance_schema table in MySQL I get the following error:

[localhost] (root@performance_schema) > SELECT * FROM accounts LIMIT 1;
ERROR 1682 (HY000): Native table 'performance_schema'.'accounts' has the wrong structure

There were no configuration changes during the upgrade, just a yum update on RHEL 6.5. Has this issue been reproduced at all? I’m not sure how to go about fixing this now, other than a downgrade to Percona Server.

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this to us.
I’ve reported this as a bug, you may get updates from this link [url]https://bugs.launchpad.net/percona-server/+bug/1329772[/url]

I’ve tried this out on a VM and it looks like you have to do the following steps:

1. run # mysql_upgrade --upgrade-system-tables
  2. restart mysql server after mysql_upgrade is ok
  3. test with mysql> select * from performance_schema.accounts limit 1;

Let me know if this solves it.

I can confirm that that solves the issue.