2 Node XtraDBCluster with a Galera Arbitrator on a Mac

Greetings all,
We are currently in the process of moving our ecommerce transaction database over to a new Percona Cluster. We have two IBM servers running Debian 7 which are running mysql nodes but want to set up a Galera instance on another server to act as an arbitrator. The catch here is that we are an Apple loving operation and the only other servers we have around are Macs. This might be more of a Galera question but I ask here because of the context and the hope that someone else has worked on this before.
I have been working on getting Galera to compile on a Mac and have made some progress but was wondering if anyone has successfully gotten Galera to compile on a mac and if you know which libraries are needed and from where. If anyone has any suggestions, I would be appreciative.

My most recent stderr output is the following:

[COLOR=#0000FF]gcomm/src/asio_tcp.cpp: In member function ‘void gcomm::AsioTcpSocket::write_handler(const asio::error_code&, size_t)’:
gcomm/src/asio_tcp.cpp:267:52: error: ‘extra_error_info’ was not declared in this scope
<< " (" << extra_error_info(ec) << “)”;
^
gcomm/src/asio_tcp.cpp: In member function ‘void gcomm::AsioTcpSocket::read_handler(const asio::error_code&, size_t)’:
gcomm/src/asio_tcp.cpp:367:44: error: ‘extra_error_info’ was not declared in this scope
<< extra_error_info(ec) << “)”;
^
gcomm/src/asio_tcp.cpp: In member function ‘size_t gcomm::AsioTcpSocket::read_completion_condition(const asio::error_code&, size_t)’:
gcomm/src/asio_tcp.cpp:466:44: error: ‘extra_error_info’ was not declared in this scope
<< extra_error_info(ec) << “)”;
^
In file included from gcomm/src/gcomm/protostack.hpp:8:0,
from gcomm/src/gcomm/protonet.hpp:17,
from gcomm/src/asio_protonet.hpp:8,
from gcomm/src/asio_tcp.hpp:9,
from gcomm/src/asio_tcp.cpp:5:
gcomm/src/gcomm/protolay.hpp: In member function ‘virtual int gcomm::Toplay::handle_down(gcomm::Datagram&, const gcomm::ProtoDownMeta&)’:
gcomm/src/gcomm/protolay.hpp:349:5: error: control reaches end of non-void function [-Werror=return-type]
}
^
In file included from gcomm/src/asio_tcp.cpp:5:0:
gcomm/src/asio_tcp.hpp: In member function ‘virtual gcomm::Acceptor::State gcomm::AsioTcpAcceptor::state() const’:
gcomm/src/asio_tcp.hpp:101:5: error: control reaches end of non-void function [-Werror=return-type]
}
^
gcomm/src/asio_tcp.cpp: In member function ‘virtual std::string gcomm::AsioTcpAcceptor::listen_addr() const’:
gcomm/src/asio_tcp.cpp:837:1: error: control reaches end of non-void function [-Werror=return-type]
}
^
cc1plus: all warnings being treated as errors
scons: *** [gcomm/src/asio_tcp.o] Error 1

Incidentally, this is after updating openssl. I am attempting to compile (for initial testing on a Mac OS 10.7.5 box, eventually it will go on a 10.5 box)
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I also forgot to mention, I am attempting this using gcc 4.8 installed via homebrew.