Installation

I am trying to install percona-toolkit-2.2.6-1.noarch.rpm. The first error it gave me was:
warning: percona-toolkit-2.2.6-1.noarch.rpm: Header V4 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID cd2efd2a
error: Failed dependencies:
perl(DBD::mysql) >= 1.0 is needed by percona-toolkit-2.2.6-1.noarch

After that I tried to install Msql-Mysql-modules-1.2219 as I didnt have perl DBD.

when I tried installing the modules I got this exception:

Cannot find one of include/mysql/mysql.h, include/mysql.h in /usr/local at lib/DBD/mysql/Install.pm line 165, line 3.

I did some research on this and found that I need to install mysql devel. Now I need to know if I install this on an existing mysql will this corrupt my existing mysql?
Also is it safe to install this in production environment?

What distribution are you using?

Linux version 3.0.74-0.6.6-default (geeko@buildhost) (gcc version 4.3.4 [gcc-4_3-branch revision 152973] (SUSE Linux) )

I did install mysql-devel. Now I am trying to install perl:DBD. It is now complaining about cc not found.

I have installed gcc and also installed perl DBD.
perl -mDBD::mysql -e’print"DBI:$DBI::VERSION\nDBD:$DBD::mysql::VERSION\n"’
DBI:1.607
DBD:4.026

perconatoolkit still complains it wants perlDBD. Here is the output.
rpm -i percona-toolkit-2.2.6-1.noarch.rpm
warning: percona-toolkit-2.2.6-1.noarch.rpm: Header V4 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID cd2efd2a
error: Failed dependencies:
perl(DBD::mysql) >= 1.0 is needed by percona-toolkit-2.2.6-1.noarch

It’s been ages since I used SuSE. Use zypper to install the perl-DBD-mysql package (ie. zypper install perl-DBD-mysql). It’ll pull in any dependencies and install them, too.