Backup and Restore

Hi Guys,

From what I can see this hasn’t been posted yet.

The problem I am having at the moment is that I did a backup using the following command “xtrabackup --backup --target-dir=/backup/mysql/full2013-10-26/”.

From what I understand is that xtrabackup does not save the frm files, and this is where my problems seem to come in.

I re-created the re-created the structure in a completely blank DB, the structure I used was from the latest structure of the table, but I am starting to think either this is not the correct way or something within the original table structure has changed from the current .ibd structure.

I followed the following steps.

1. Create DB (On different server)
  2. Create Table (from closest structure available.)
  3. Drop tablespace of the table
  4. Copied .ext, .ibd, .cfg files to the DB directory (/var/lib/mysql/testdb)
  5. Import tablespace
  • this is the step that is currently failing with the following error (“[Err] 1808 - Schema mismatch (Column calldate precise type mismatch.)”)
  • the mentioned ‘calldate’ field is a timedate field. this has not changed in either of the tables as for a I know.

Does anyone know what this is or at least point me in the right direction, not finding anything conclusive on the net :frowning:

Regards and thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Hi,

I would suggest you should try with innobackupex utility because
“innobackupex called xtrabackup binary to backup all the data of InnoDB tables (see Creating a Backup for details on this process) and copied all the table definitions in the database (.frm files), data and files related to MyISAM, MERGE(reference to other tables), CSV and ARCHIVE tables, along with triggers and database configuration information to a time stamped directory created in the provided path.”
[URL]Percona XtraBackup