failed to backup single db through innobackupex

Hi,

I wanted to backup single db (or single table) throught innobackupex but i just couldnt get it done correctly.
I’ve seen this issue being discussed previously but there is still no solution to it.

Here’s my environment and what i did.

I have these databases when i did a show databases;

mysql> show databases;±-------------------+| Database |±-------------------+| information_schema || mysql || performance_schema || test || my_app_db |±-------------------+

i wanted to backup only the db “test” (or only table test_tb1).

mysql> use test;mysql> show tables;±----------------------------+| Tables_in_test |±----------------------------+| test_tb1 || test_tb2 |±----------------------------+

The commands i tried are as follow. None of them seems to work for me.
(1) specifying the table directly (–tables-file)

innobackupex --user=root --password=XXX --defaults-file=/etc/my_app_db/my.cnf --tables-file=test.test_tb1 /tmp/test_backup/

(2) specifying db and table directly (–databases --tables-file)

innobackupex --user=root --password=XXX --defaults-file=/etc/my_app_db/my.cnf --databases=test --tables-file=test.test_tb1 /tmp/test_backup/

(3) specifying whole single db (–databases)

innobackupex --user=root --password=XXX --defaults-file=/etc/my_app_db/my.cnf --databases=test /tmp/test_backup/

The error i got is:

innobackupex: Starting ibbackup with command: xtrabackup_55 --defaults-file=“/etc/my_app_db/my.cnf” --backup --suspend-at-end --target-dir=/tmp --log-stream --tables_file='test.test_tb1’xtrabackup: cannot open test.test_tb1

It says that it cannot open the data directory for the tables i specified.
I checked my data directory as defined in /etc/my_app_db/my.cnf

$ less /etc/my_app_db/my.cnf

datadir = /home/my_app_db

$ ls -lt /home/my_app_db

drwx------ 2 mysql mysql 16384 June 5 22:51 test

$ ls -lt /home/my_app_db/test/

All ibd files are there.

Can anyone help me out with this?

Thank you.

–tables-file= is used to specify a file whit table names, not to specify the list of tables.

For example:

$ cat tablestobackup.txt
test.test_tb1
test.test_tb2

innobackupex --user=root --password=XXX --defaults-file=/etc/my_app_db/my.cnf --tables-file=tablestobackup.txt /tmp/test_backup/

Or if you want to add the tables in the command line, you have to use.

innobackupex --user=root --password=XXX --defaults-file=/etc/my_app_db/my.cnf --databases=‘test.test_tb1 test.test_tb2’ /tmp/test_backup/

More info: http://www.percona.com/doc/percona-xtrabackup/innobackupex/p artial_backups_innobackupex.html

Bye!

Martin.

i am really too careless when reading the manual…
thank you so much for the reply :slight_smile:

martin.arrieta wrote on Fri, 08 June 2012 11:54