Not the answer you need?
Register and ask your own question!

Issue while installing PXC over mysql installation

nitish54nitish54 Current User Role Contributor
Hi,
I tried following the steps mentioned in here but was not successful with below error:
$ sudo apt-get install percona-xtradb-cluster
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 percona-xtradb-cluster : Depends: percona-xtradb-cluster-server (>= 1:8.0.19-10-1.focal) but it is not going to be installed
                          Depends: percona-xtradb-cluster-client (>= 1:8.0.19-10-1.focal) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Then, I tried installing using tarball from here but am still getting some issues related to the previous installation of mysql. [Mysql version (8.0.21 MySQL Community Server - GPL) is already installed as this is currently a slave for my main server].
I am trying to convert slave node to one node cluster in PXC. But not able to get past the installation phase.
After downloading tar I extracted and ran the below command:
$ sudo dpkg -i --auto-deconfigure percona-xtradb-cluster-{common,server,client}_*.deb
Gives me:
(Reading database ... 94048 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack percona-xtradb-cluster-common_8.0.19-10-1.focal_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking percona-xtradb-cluster-common (1:8.0.19-10-1.focal) over (1:8.0.19-10-1.focal) ...
dpkg: considering deconfiguration of mysql-community-server-core, which would be broken by installation of percona-xtradb-cluster-server ...
dpkg: yes, will deconfigure mysql-community-server-core (broken by percona-xtradb-cluster-server)
dpkg: considering deconfiguration of mysql-community-server, which would be broken by installation of percona-xtradb-cluster-server ...
dpkg: yes, will deconfigure mysql-community-server (broken by percona-xtradb-cluster-server)
dpkg: regarding percona-xtradb-cluster-server_8.0.19-10-1.focal_amd64.deb containing percona-xtradb-cluster-server:
 mysql-community-client conflicts with mysql-server-8.0
  percona-xtradb-cluster-server provides mysql-server-8.0 and is to be installed.

dpkg: error processing archive percona-xtradb-cluster-server_8.0.19-10-1.focal_amd64.deb (--install):
 conflicting packages - not installing percona-xtradb-cluster-server
dpkg: considering deconfiguration of mysql-community-client, which would be broken by installation of percona-xtradb-cluster-client ...
dpkg: yes, will deconfigure mysql-community-client (broken by percona-xtradb-cluster-client)
dpkg: considering deconfiguration of mysql-community-client-core, which would be broken by installation of percona-xtradb-cluster-client ...
dpkg: yes, will deconfigure mysql-community-client-core (broken by percona-xtradb-cluster-client)
dpkg: regarding percona-xtradb-cluster-client_8.0.19-10-1.focal_amd64.deb containing percona-xtradb-cluster-client:
 mysql-common conflicts with mysql-client-8.0
  percona-xtradb-cluster-client provides mysql-client-8.0 and is to be installed.

dpkg: error processing archive percona-xtradb-cluster-client_8.0.19-10-1.focal_amd64.deb (--install):
 conflicting packages - not installing percona-xtradb-cluster-client
Setting up percona-xtradb-cluster-common (1:8.0.19-10-1.focal) ...
Errors were encountered while processing:
 percona-xtradb-cluster-server_8.0.19-10-1.focal_amd64.deb
 percona-xtradb-cluster-client_8.0.19-10-1.focal_amd64.deb

Can anyone please help with this step or else point me to some documentation which can help in this case?
Tagged:

Best Answer