Not the answer you need? Try our search, browse our categories, or register and ask your own question!

Recent issues with "Waiting for bakup lock"

tucj7tucj7 EntrantActive Member Contributor
Hi,
Some help please. Over the last couple of days, we're been having issues with our cluster. When a node goes down for some reason and starts coming back over SST, we've been getting a status of "Waiting for backup lock" when a "CREATE" or "DROP" table query is executed. Both are executed on InnoDB tables.

What this does is locks till the node is completely back up, which can take up to an hour. This renders the whole cluster unavailable during this time.
Any ideas what is causing this? I've been running this cluster for 4+ years and this is the first time seeing this.
Thanks!

Answers

• vaibhav_upadhyay40vaibhav_upadhyay40 Contributor Active Member Mentor
    Hi @tucj7
    It would be great if you can share version details of xtrabakup and cluster.
  • tucj7tucj7 Entrant Active Member Contributor
    Hi,

No problem:

Server version: 5.7.26-29-57 Percona XtraDB Cluster (GPL), Release rel29, Revision 03540a3, WSREP version 31.37, wsrep_31.37
    xtrabackup version 2.4.15 based on MySQL server 5.7.19 Linux (x86_64) (revision id: 544842a)

This is what's running during the SST

It looks like it could be related to this: https://jira.percona.com/browse/PXC-2365
    Can someone confirm that this is the same issue? Is there a resolution to this? Or, at least, a workaround?

• vaibhav_upadhyay40vaibhav_upadhyay40 Contributor Active Member Mentor
    Hi @tucj7
    Yes you are right.
    As per my understanding i was expecting this issue on older version, but as you have shared it is not the issue in your case.
    Looking at above jira it is appears its a bug. May be someone can recommend interim solutions, if any.

@lorraine.pocklington is this something you could check out?