Not the answer you need?
Register and ask your own question!

MongoDB metrics PMM monitoring

CatomanCatoman ContributorCurrent User Role Patron
Hi,
I'm setting up monitoring of MongoDB in PMm and after activating authentification the monitoring stopped working (except for Replication Lag). 
I have added the user acc to this link https://www.percona.com/doc/percona-monitoring-and-management/conf-mongodb.html and the MongoDB logs say :
 [conn800] Successfully authenticated as principal mongodb_exporter on admin from client 172.26.156.212:52260
but the PMM mongodb metrics logs says 
time="2020-05-13T10:42:36+02:00" level=error msg="Failed to get replSet status: command replSetGetStatus requires authentication" source="replset_statu
s.go:264"
time="2020-05-13T10:42:36+02:00" level=error msg="Failed to get oplog status: command find requires authentication" source="oplog_status.go:143"
time="2020-05-13T10:42:41+02:00" level=error msg="Failed to get server status: command serverStatus requires authentication" source="server_status.go:2
34"
What else is needed ?

Best Answer

Answers

• CatomanCatoman Contributor Current User Role Patron
    Screenshot
  • adivinhoadivinho Percona Percona Staff Role
    Hi,
    Have you passed the user name and password in the value of the --uri option when adding the mongodb:metrics monitoring service in the pmm-admin add command?
    edited May 18
    Hi @adivinho
    I used this command : sudo pmm-admin add mongodb --uri mongodb://mongodb_exporter:[email protected]:27017/admin
    edited May 20
    Hi @adivinho,
    Edit, i think i made an error in the process. Have removed my comment and will test more 

Thanks @adivinho, that solved the problem. The graphs are getting populated now  :)