Not the answer you need?
Register and ask your own question!

Using xtrabackup backup to recover MyISAM data

Yali PearYali Pear Current User Role Novice

Hi,

1. Why do I have ibdata1 file when backing up MyISAM data ? i don't have InnoDB table.
  2. I can't find anything about recovering MyISAM data on the official website, How to restore a single backup of MyISAM database ?
  3. When using partial backup, when the parameter ‘--databases’ is invalid, it will also prompt for completion, Is this bug ?

thanks.

Answers

• lorraine.pocklingtonlorraine.pocklington Percona Community Manager Legacy User Role Patron
    Hello
    Could you update with more information please? We could do with knowing these things:
    • what version of Percona Xtrabackup are you using?
    • What database and version are you backing up? Is it MySQL, Percona Server for MySQL or MariaDB?
    • Do you have no InnoDB in the dataset you are backing up, or do you have no InnoDB anywhere in the database? (Version plays a part here too).
  • Yali PearYali Pear Current User Role Novice
    Hello
    Could you update with more information please? We could do with knowing these things:
    • what version of Percona Xtrabackup are you using?
    • What database and version are you backing up? Is it MySQL, Percona Server for MySQL or MariaDB?
    • Do you have no InnoDB in the dataset you are backing up, or do you have no InnoDB anywhere in the database? (Version plays a part here too).

Hello,
    I am using Percona Xtrabackup 2.4.19,the database version is MySQL 5.7.29.
    I have other database in this mysql instance is innodb.
    Excuse me, xtrabackup backup MyISAM data, can you lock only tables that need to be backed up without using global locks ?
  • steven Linsteven Lin Contributor Current User Role Contributor