What is the minimum version required of the GMAKE to install percona-2.4.12 to work?

I am using Slackware 14.2 and the GMAKE version is 4.1. I think it’s the version of my GMAKE. Here are some of the errors detected below:

Run Build Command:“/usr/bin/gmake” “cmTC_0c895/fast” CMakeFiles/cmTC_0c895.dir/CheckSymbolExists.c.o: In function main':[/B] [B]CheckSymbolExists.c:(.text.startup+0x3): undefined reference to pthread_create’ collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status CMakeFiles/cmTC_0c895.dir/build.make:97: recipe for target ‘cmTC_0c895’ failed gmake[1]: *** [cmTC_0c895] Error 1 gmake[1]: Leaving directory ‘/tmp/SBo/percona-xtrabackup-2.4.9/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp’ Makefile:126: recipe for target ‘cmTC_0c895/fast’ failed gmake: *** [cmTC_0c895/fast] Error 2 Run Build Command:“/usr/bin/gmake” “cmTC_74c0a/fast” /usr/bin/gmake -f CMakeFiles/cmTC_74c0a.dir/build.make CMakeFiles/cmTC_74c0a.dir/build gmake[1]: Entering directory ‘/tmp/SBo/percona-xtrabackup-2.4.9/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp’ CMakeFiles/cmTC_74c0a.dir/CheckFunctionExists.c.o -o cmTC_74c0a -rdynamic -lpthreads /usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-slackware-linux/5.5.0/…/…/…/…/x86_64-slackware-linux/bin/ld: cannot find -lpthreads collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status CMakeFiles/cmTC_74c0a.dir/build.make:97: recipe for target ‘cmTC_74c0a’ failed gmake[1]: *** [cmTC_74c0a] Error 1 gmake[1]: Leaving directory ‘/tmp/SBo/percona-xtrabackup-2.4.9/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp’ Makefile:126: recipe for target ‘cmTC_74c0a/fast’ failed gmake: *** [cmTC_74c0a/fast] Error 2 Run Build Command:“/usr/bin/gmake” “cmTC_a158d/fast” /usr/bin/gmake -f CMakeFiles/cmTC_a158d.dir/build.make CMakeFiles/cmTC_a158d.dir/build gmake[1]: Entering directory ‘/tmp/SBo/percona-xtrabackup-2.4.9/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp’ Building C object CMakeFiles/cmTC_a158d.dir/CheckFunctionExists.c.o /usr/bin/cc -O2 -fPIC -DCHECK_FUNCTION_EXISTS=floor -o CMakeFiles/cmTC_a158d.dir/CheckFunctionExists.c.o -c /usr/share/cmake-3.5/Modules/CheckFunctionExists.c :0:23: warning: conflicting types for built-in function ‘floor’ /usr/share/cmake-3.5/Modules/CheckFunctionExists.c:6:6: note: in expansion of macro ‘CHECK_FUNCTION_EXISTS’ char CHECK_FUNCTION_EXISTS(); ^ Linking C executable cmTC_a158d /usr/bin/cmake -E cmake_link_script CMakeFiles/cmTC_a158d.dir/link.txt --verbose=1 /usr/bin/cc -O2 -fPIC -DCHECK_FUNCTION_EXISTS=floor CMakeFiles/cmTC_a158d.dir/CheckFunctionExists.c.o -o cmTC_a158d -rdynamic CMakeFiles/cmTC_a158d.dir/CheckFunctionExists.c.o: In function main': CheckFunctionExists.c:(.text.startup+0xe): undefined reference to floor’ collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status CMakeFiles/cmTC_a158d.dir/build.make:97: recipe for target ‘cmTC_a158d’ failed gmake[1]: *** [cmTC_a158d] Error 1 gmake[1]: Leaving directory ‘/tmp/SBo/percona-xtrabackup-2.4.9/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp’ Makefile:126: recipe for target ‘cmTC_a158d/fast’ failed gmake: *** [cmTC_a158d/fast] Error 2

Hi,

the issue is not gnu-make related, but missing pthread related references

undefined reference to `pthread_create' 

so I’d recommend you providing that dependency. Note, that unless you don’t need some custom build option you can use Generic Linux Tarballs. For 2.4.9 the URL is: [url]Download Percona XtraBackup 8.0.

Best,
IMP

I appreciate the response. But due to being MariaDB 10.0.37 and Mysql 5.6, I was able to back up without problem through Percona Xtrabackup version 2.3.9. :slight_smile: