Not the answer you need?
Register and ask your own question!

xtrabackup: error: failed to read metadata from xtrabackup_checkpoints

tphanixtphanix EntrantCurrent User Role Beginner
Hello,

I am using percona-xtrabackup-24 and percona-server-server-5.7. Then I run the below command to have an incremental backup, but it could not succeed. Although, I already have a full backup before.
r[email protected]:# innobackupex --user=root --password=#### --slave-info --compress --no-timestamp --databases ="db1 db2 information_schema performance_schema sys" --incremental /root/s3/db2/incremental/20181217 --incremental-basedir =/root/s3/db2/full/20181215
xtrabackup: recognized server arguments:
xtrabackup: recognized client arguments:
encryption: using gcrypt 1.6.5
181217 11:10:45 innobackupex: Starting the backup operation

IMPORTANT: Please check that the backup run completes successfully.
At the end of a successful backup run innobackupex
prints "completed OK!".

xtrabackup: Error: cannot open /root/s3/db2/incremental/20181217/=/root/s3/db2/full/20181215//xtrabackup_checkpoints
xtrabackup: error: failed to read metadata from /root/s3mysqlbackup/db2.aws.innogr.am/incremental/20181217/=/root/s3/db2/full/20181215//xtrabackup_checkpoints

Here is xtrabackup_checkpoints file
[email protected]:~/s3/db2/full/20181215# cat xtrabackup_checkpoints
backup_type = full-backuped
from_lsn = 0
to_lsn = 4083583846616
last_lsn = 4083600201179
compact = 0
recover_binlog_info = 0

Could you please help me understand this and how to solve?
Thank you so much.

Regards,
Tien

Comments

• IMPIMP Percona Percona Staff Role
    Hello,

You have typos in your command (extra spaces).

Please try with the following command:
    [I]innobackupex --user=root --password=#### --slave-info --compress --no-timestamp --databases="db1 db2 information_schema performance_schema sys" --incremental /root/s3/db2/incremental/20181217 --incremental-basedir=/root/s3/db2/full/20181215

[/I]

As a side note, innobackupex is deprecated and it is advisable to use xtrabackup directly.
  • tphanixtphanix Entrant Current User Role Beginner
    Thank a lot IMP you saved my life. Now the incremental backup is running well :-)
    Have a nice day!
  • tphanixtphanix Entrant Current User Role Beginner
    IMP wrote: »
    As a side note, innobackupex is deprecated and it is advisable to use xtrabackup directly.

I am confusing about that. I remembered that innobackupex already includes xtrabackup when I googled. Could you help me understand clearly?
    Thank you IMP
  • IMPIMP Percona Percona Staff Role
    tphanix

In recent versions, the innobackupex program is a symlink to the xtrabackup C program. It is also deprecated, which means it might be removed in next major release (it is still present in PXB 8.0 though).

This doc page might be interesting for you: https://www.percona.com/doc/percona-...ex_script.html

Best,
    IMP.