Not the answer you need?
Register and ask your own question!

Failed to upload alert panel image.

FanFan ContributorCurrent User Role Patron
msg="Failed to upload alert panel image." logger=alerting.notifier error="fork/exec /usr/share/grafana/tools/phantomjs/phantomjs: no such file or directory"

pmm version 1.12.0

Comments

• FanFan Contributor Current User Role Patron
    [[email protected] grafana]# ls
    conf public scripts
    [[email protected] grafana]# pwd
    /usr/share/grafana

Enter docker. I don't see the tool directory.
    I copied the missing files(phantomjs and render.js) from the pmm of my company's 1.4 versions. Then I copied them to the current pmm. Now the alarm has a picture.
    But why is this happening? No one has manually deleted this file.
  • Michael CoburnMichael Coburn Principal Architect, Percona Percona Staff Role
    Are you deploying via Docker? Do you see this problem occurring using today's release of 1.13?
    Are you deploying via Docker? Do you see this problem occurring using today's release of 1.13?

1.deploying via docker yes
    2.still have the problem

t=2018-08-02T02:56:53+0000 lvl=info msg=Rendering logger=png-renderer path="d-solo/LZrx7Qdiz/node008032gao-jing-ye-mian?panelId=97"
    t=2018-08-02T02:56:53+0000 lvl=eror msg="Could not start command" logger=png-renderer LOG15_ERROR= LOG15_ERROR="Normalized odd number of arguments by adding nil"
    t=2018-08-02T02:56:53+0000 lvl=eror msg="Failed to upload alert panel image." logger=alerting.notifier error="fork/exec /usr/share/grafana/tools/phantomjs/phantomjs: no such file or directory"
    t=2018-08-02T02:56:53+0000 lvl=info msg="Sending alert notification to" logger=alerting.notifier.email addresses=[[email protected]]
    ^C
    [[email protected] grafana]# head -1 /srv/update/main.yml
    # v1.13.0
    [[email protected] grafana]# ls
    conf public scripts

so? Is it a bug or something?
    Has this bug been fixed in 1.14? @Michael Coburn
  • lao454490095lao454490095 Entrant Current User Role Beginner
    I have exactly the same issue.

Installed via Docker

PMM version: 1.14.1

Missing phantomjs executable

How is missing executable acceptable in a product?
    Hi Fan , lao454490095

Let me see if we can get some QA attention on this thread. Please wait for further information, thanks for details provided so far
    Hi Fan , lao454490095

We've done some investigation and it appears that PMM Server is missing the PhantomJS library, due to upstream Grafana issue. We've filed a PMM bug and we'll get some developer eyes on it ASAP:
    https://jira.percona.com/browse/PMM-3056

Thanks for reporting it !