Not the answer you need?
Register and ask your own question!

MySQL Flooded by "unauthenticated user"

Jardenblack26Jardenblack26 EntrantLegacy User Role Beginner
Hi Gurus,

My MySQL server was very busy. After checking, I found many unauthenticated user connections when running "show full processlist":

| 2018434580 | unauthenticated user | connecting host | NULL | Connect | NULL | login | NULL | 0 | 0 |
| 2018434583 | unauthenticated user | <ipaddress>:9395 | NULL | Connect | NULL | Reading from net | NULL | 0 | 0 |
| 2018434586 | unauthenticated user | connecting host | NULL | Connect | NULL | login | NULL | 0 | 0 |
| 2018434592 | unauthenticated user | connecting host | NULL | Connect | NULL | login | NULL | 0 | 0 |
| 2018434595 | unauthenticated user | connecting host | NULL | Connect | NULL | login | NULL | 0 | 0 |
| 2018434598 | unauthenticated user | connecting host | NULL | Connect | NULL | login | NULL | 0 | 0 |

I searched the internet and it said that this was related to the DNS problem. To fix this problem, simply start the mysql server with skip-name-resolve variable in my.cnf. However, I already set this variable in my.cnf and it still happening.

mysql> show variables like 'skip_name_resolve';
+
+
+
| Variable_name | Value |
+
+
+
| skip_name_resolve | ON |
+
+
+
1 row in set (0.10 sec)

Can anybody have met the same situation and give me some advice? My MySQL database version is 5.6.19-67.0

Thanks much!

Tony

Comments

• scott.nemesscott.nemes MySQL Sage Current User Role Patron
    Hi Jardenblack26;

If you're getting a lot of them, and using SSL, it might also be SSL authentication related. So I would try disabling SSL to see if that helps. Then if that's the problem, you'll have to troubleshoot the root of the issue.

-Scott