Not the answer you need?
Register and ask your own question!

qan won't show monngodb summary

snowavesnowave ContributorCurrent User Role Patron
qan won't show monngodb summary, errors in client log:

agent
warning
Cmd fail: Reply[Cmd:GetMongoSummary Error:'exit status 1' Id:48c76b9a-6ee9-495c-7cf6-2dafb31bf580]




agent
err
exit status 1



and query profiles shows:
No data for selected time-range.



how can i run a debug process and find where is the resson causes this problem.

thanks.

Comments

  • MykolaMykola Percona Percona Staff Role
    Hi snowave,

    is the latest version of Percona Toolkit installed on Client side?
  • snowavesnowave Contributor Current User Role Patron
    Mykola wrote: »
    Hi snowave,

    is the latest version of Percona Toolkit installed on Client side?

    yes , version is 3.0.4 , installed into /usr/bin
  • MykolaMykola Percona Percona Staff Role
    hm, can you share the output of the following commands?
    env -i /usr/bin/pt-mongodb-summary
    echo $?
    
  • snowavesnowave Contributor Current User Role Patron
    Mykola wrote: »
    hm, can you share the output of the following commands?
    env -i /usr/bin/pt-mongodb-summary
    echo $?
    

    as follows:
    # Instances ##############################################################################################
    PID Host Type ReplSet Engine
    16033 ip1:27020 PRIMARY repl1 wiredTiger
    21238 ip2:27020 SECONDARY repl1 wiredTiger
    31305 ip3:27020 SECONDARY repl1 wiredTiger

    # This host
    # Mongo Executable #######################################################################################
    Path to executable | /work/mongodb/bin/mongod
    # Report On ip1:27020 ########################################
    User | woker
    PID Owner | mongod
    Hostname | ip1:27020
    Version | 3.2.10-3.0
    Built On | Linux x86_64
    Started | 2017-05-16 08:55:30 +0800 CST
    Datadir | /work/mongodb/data/db_27020
    Processes | 1
    Process Type | replset

    # Running Ops ############################################################################################

    Type Min Max Avg
    Insert 0 0 0/5s
    Query 22 34 130/5s
    Update 0 0 0/5s
    Delete 0 0 0/5s
    GetMore 327 364 1735/5s
    Command 535 599 2854/5s

    # Security ###############################################################################################
    Users : 58
    Roles : 1
    Auth : enabled
    SSL : disabled
    Port : 27020
    Bind IP:

    # Cluster wide ###########################################################################################
    Databases:
    # Balancer (per day)
    Success:
  • MykolaMykola Percona Percona Staff Role
    hm, can you share output of the second command?
    env -i /usr/bin/pt-mongodb-summary
    echo $?
    
    i want verify return code of pt-mongodb-summary tool
  • snowavesnowave Contributor Current User Role Patron
    Mykola wrote: »
    hm, can you share output of the second command?
    env -i /usr/bin/pt-mongodb-summary
    echo $?
    
    i want verify return code of pt-mongodb-summary tool


    hi

    echo $?

    0


    time pt-mongo-summary as follows:

    real 0m8.061s
    user 0m0.204s
    sys 0m0.037s

    so , i guess pt-mongo-summary timeout .
  • MykolaMykola Percona Percona Staff Role
    what PMM Server and PMM Client versions do you use?
    Do you use http authentification? (SERVER_PASSWORD variable during "docker run ...")
  • snowavesnowave Contributor Current User Role Patron
    Mykola wrote: »
    what PMM Server and PMM Client versions do you use?
    Do you use http authentification? (SERVER_PASSWORD variable during "docker run ...")

    pmm client version :pmm-client-1.2.0
    server: via "docker pull percona/pmm-server:latest" command to fetch

    the server doesn't use a auth.
  • MykolaMykola Percona Percona Staff Role
    hi snowave ,

    thank you for bug report, we found root of the issue.
    it will be fixed in the next major release 1.3.0
  • snowavesnowave Contributor Current User Role Patron
    Mykola wrote: »
    hi snowave ,

    thank you for bug report, we found root of the issue.
    it will be ашуч шт the next major release 1.3.0

    very expect
    we hope that we can use mongo queries in production environment as soon as possible.
  • MykolaMykola Percona Percona Staff Role
    it is possible to use mongo queries right now, but it is experimental and has many limitations at this moment.
    if you want to check how it is working and report any bugs or ideas how to improve it -- you can setup it according to document
    https://www.percona.com/blog/2017/05/29/percona-monitoring-management-1-1-4-now-available/
  • snowavesnowave Contributor Current User Role Patron
    thanks , i'll have a try
  • snowavesnowave Contributor Current User Role Patron
    Mykola wrote: »
    it is possible to use mongo queries right now, but it is experimental and has many limitations at this moment.
    if you want to check how it is working and report any bugs or ideas how to improve it -- you can setup it according to document
    https://www.percona.com/blog/2017/05...now-available/

    hi ,when use pmm 1.3.1, click System Summary , next Mongo Summary , it shows :"cmd 'Summary' for subsystem 'mongo' failed: exit status 1"

    exec pt-mongodb-summary

    echo $?
    0
  • MykolaMykola Percona Percona Staff Role
    can you run pt-mongodb-summary in the following way?
    env -i /usr/bin/pt-mongodb-summary
    
    Do you see any errors?

    anyway PMM should be improved, I created a ticket for developers https://jira.percona.com/browse/PMM-1554
  • snowavesnowave Contributor Current User Role Patron
    Mykola wrote: »
    can you run pt-mongodb-summary in the following way?
    env -i /usr/bin/pt-mongodb-summary
    
    Do you see any errors?

    anyway PMM should be improved, I created a ticket for developers https://jira.percona.com/browse/PMM-1554

    all print was correct ,

    but the time of execute was long , as follows:

    real 0m8.329s
    user 0m0.266s
    sys 0m0.025


    so i think 8 seconds is bigger than wait timeout.


    thanks.
Sign In or Register to comment.

MySQL, InnoDB, MariaDB and MongoDB are trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright ©2005 - 2020 Percona LLC. All rights reserved.