• MykolaMykola Percona Percona Staff Role
    can you replace Query?

it is needed to
    - login to grafana as Admin user
    - click on graph title
    - click "Edit"
    - choose "Metrics" tab
    - fully replace Query value
    100 - 100 * node_memory_MemAvailable{instance=~"$host"} / (node_memory_MemTotal{instance=~"$host"} + 0.1)

• ac2ac2 Contributor Inactive User Role Beginner
    I have replaced the query with the new one you sent me. In this case I see the graph only for the host "pmm-server" when All is ticked in the hosts list.

Am I doing something wrong?
    To be clearer, here is a screenshot:
    Hm :(
    screen shot looks very strange, new Query working fine on my machine :(

can you try again to change "Resolution" and "Query" after that press "save Dashboard" button (looks like floppy disk) and make refresh.
    I tried various combinations of changing query and resolution, with no luck so far.
    Selecting a subset of hosts (excluding pmm-server) is basically returning no data points, while with the original query I get a graph displayed. Please check the attached screenshot.
    can you try one more Query?
    100 - 100 * (node_memory_MemFree{instance=~"$host"} + node_memory_Buffers{instance=~"$host"} + node_memory_Cached{instance=~"$host"}) / (node_memory_MemTotal{instance=~"$host"} + 0.1)

Yes, this fixes the problem, thanks! Should I do anything to make it persistent?
    unfortunately, such changes will be overridden on PMM update.

can you check one more Query? (is very similar to current default)
    if it works fine I will commit it.
    (node_memory_MemTotal{instance=~"$host"} - (node_memory_MemAvailable{instance=~"$host"} or (node_memory_MemFree{instance=~"$host"} + node_memory_Buffers{instance=~"$host"} + node_memory_Cached{instance=~"$host"}))) / ( node_memory_MemTotal{instance=~"$host"} + 0.1 ) * 100

The last query you sent me returns no data points for any host (including pmm-server).
    the latest idea...
    100 - 100 * (node_memory_MemAvailable{instance=~"$host"} or (node_memory_MemFree{instance=~"$host"} + node_memory_Buffers{instance=~"$host"} + node_memory_Cached{instance=~"$host"})) / (node_memory_MemTotal{instance=~"$host"} + 0.1)

This one works flawlessly
    thank you!

I created pull request https://github.com/percona/grafana-dashboards/pull/16
    Hi Mykola,
    today I had the chance to upgrade all of our PMM server deployments to version 1.1.4, but I see that the fix for this issue hasn't been merged.
    The last query you sent me works as expected even with an high number of nodes:
    100 - 100 * (node_memory_MemAvailable{instance=~"$host"} or (node_memory_MemFree{instance=~"$host"} + node_memory_Buffers{instance=~"$host"} + node_memory_Cached{instance=~"$host"})) / (node_memory_MemTotal{instance=~"$host"} + 0.1)

But by default the Grafana dashboard has this instead:
    (node_memory_MemTotal{instance=~"$host"} - (node_memory_MemAvailable{instance=~"$host"} or (node_memory_MemFree{instance=~"$host"} + node_memory_Buffers{instance=~"$host"} + node_memory_Cached{instance=~"$host"}))) / node_memory_MemTotal{instance=~"$host"} * 100

which breaks the graph.

Could you please help?

Thanks
    Hi,

I asked PMM Team to prioritize this pull request, so now it is reviewed and merged (fixed).
    So new code (with fix) will be avaiable in the next 1.1.5 release.
    Thanks, very appreciated.