Not the answer you need?
Register and ask your own question!

Add not running mysql instance to the PMM

eligelig EntrantInactive User Role Beginner
Hello there,

We're using puppet to deploy percona instances to our database servers.
The puppet doesn't start instances automaticlly and doesn't manage mysql service, we do this manually ( this is our requirements ).
When I'm trying to install the pmm-client by puppet I'm facing with the some problems: the "pmm-admin add mysql" command is trying to connect to the mysql instance and it's fails because the instance is down(as I described before).

There is a some way to add not running mysql instance to the pmm or it should be up ?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• weberweber Advisor Inactive User Role Beginner
    Actually, there is no way to bypass mysql connectivity check. We check this on adding services to ensure this is a correct DSN.
  • eligelig Entrant Inactive User Role Beginner
    Thank you very much for your answer :)
  • imrizimriz Entrant Current User Role Supporter
    weber wrote: »
    Actually, there is no way to bypass mysql connectivity check. We check this on adding services to ensure this is a correct DSN.

That's might be problematic for automated installations (e.g. puppet, chef etc), which might not want to start the instance automatically.
    I think a --offline flag is a good feature. Let people who know what they do, do their thing.
  • imrizimriz Entrant Current User Role Supporter
    weber wrote: »

That might be problematic for automated configuration tools (e.g. puppet, chef etc), which might not start the instance automatically (for all sort of reasons). You can either make the user specify all the needed variables himself, or defer the automatic detection to when the instance is up.
  • krissfrkrissfr Contributor Current User Role Beginner
    elig wrote: »
    When I'm trying to install the pmm-client by puppet ...

Hello Elig,

I also want to write a puppet class for pmm-client.
    did you already have done one ?

Regards,

Krissfr
  • krissfrkrissfr Contributor Current User Role Beginner
    elig wrote: »
    Hello there,
    [...] I'm trying to install the pmm-client by puppet [...] /QUOTE]

Hello elig,

I'm looking for a pmm-client puppet module, do you have one ?

thanks,

Krissfr
  • weberweber Advisor Inactive User Role Beginner
    Please create a feature request https://jira.percona.com/projects/PMM/issues if you need --offline check or any other option to help automation.
This discussion has been closed.

MySQL, InnoDB, MariaDB and MongoDB are trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright ©2005 - 2020 Percona LLC. All rights reserved.