Not the answer you need?
Register and ask your own question!

PMM disc space usage

Just installed an instance of PMM as a trial, monitoring 3 Percona XtraDB Cluster nodes.

After just 48 hours of statistics gathered, the Prometheus data storage has reached 9.7GiB. So, ~35GiB of storage to monitor just 3 MySQL servers for a week?

Seems a little excessive to me...

Comments

• weberweber Advisor Inactive User Role Beginner
    It's 1s resolution by default and maximum statistics if all metrics are available.

Also there could be other factors.
    For example, depending from number of tables - it can be a lot, and disabling per table stats (re-adding mysql:metrics with --disable-tablestats flag) will decrease disk usage dramatically.

If you don't need 1s resolution you can set 5s https://www.percona.com/doc/percona-...ed-for-metrics

If 30 days retention is too much for disk space you can lower it https://www.percona.com/doc/percona-...for-prometheus

To be sure this is all metrics, I would ask you to measure by running:
    docker exec -ti pmm-server du -sh /opt/prometheus/data
  • johnberanekjohnberanek Entrant Current User Role Beginner
    Thank you for your quick response.

As for number of tables, each of the cluster nodes has 620 tables, so a reasonable number I guess...
    $ docker exec -ti pmm-server du -sh /opt/prometheus/data                                                                                           [9:38:42]
    11G     /opt/prometheus/data

I'm a bit of a Docker novice, do I need to create a new pmm-server container to set the environment options?
  • weberweber Advisor Inactive User Role Beginner
    Yes, you need to re-create pmm-server container to pass other env variables, you can preserve the data one..

Also there is an option to change chunk encoding for metric storage which claims 50% saving in cost of 20% CPU overhead.
    However, we have not made any tests yet but will do soon.
This discussion has been closed.

MySQL, InnoDB, MariaDB and MongoDB are trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright ©2005 - 2020 Percona LLC. All rights reserved.