Not the answer you need?
Register and ask your own question!

Can't restart one node

miraculamiracula EntrantInactive User Role Beginner
Hi everyone, I'm nervous as can be. This cluster has been working fine for a year, after I somehow reset it to position zero and lost everything. (Thus the nervousness).

I have one server (in a cluster of 3) that is showing disk errors, so I took one down for needed maintenance in advance of doing the disk swaps.

Now it won't come back.

I swear nothing has changed, but as this system is incredibly reliable 'til it's not, I can't guarantee.

The lines that are confusing me in the error log are:
Connecting to MySQL server host: localhost, user: (null), password: not set, port: 0, socket: /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
-innobackupex-backup: Using server version 5.6.28-76.1-56-log
-innobackupex-backup: innobackupex version 2.3.4 based on MySQL server 5.6.24 Linux (x86_64) (revision id: e80c779)
-innobackupex-backup: xtrabackup: uses posix_fadvise().
-innobackupex-backup: xtrabackup: cd to /var/lib/mysql
-innobackupex-backup: xtrabackup: open files limit requested 0, set to 5000
-innobackupex-backup: xtrabackup: using the following InnoDB configuration:
-innobackupex-backup: xtrabackup: innodb_data_home_dir = ./
-innobackupex-backup: xtrabackup: innodb_data_file_path = ibdata1:12M:autoextend
-innobackupex-backup: xtrabackup: innodb_log_group_home_dir = ./
-innobackupex-backup: xtrabackup: innodb_log_files_in_group = 2
-innobackupex-backup: xtrabackup: innodb_log_file_size = 20971520
-innobackupex-backup: xtrabackup: using O_DIRECT
-innobackupex-backup: 160727 07:01:40 >> log scanned up to (70923364024)
-innobackupex-backup: xtrabackup: Generating a list of tablespaces
-innobackupex-backup: 2016-07-27 07:01:40 7f6534131740 InnoDB: Operating system error number 13 in a file operation.
-innobackupex-backup: InnoDB: The error means mysqld does not have the access rights to
-innobackupex-backup: InnoDB: the directory.
-wsrep-sst-donor: innobackupex finished with error: 1. Check /var/lib/mysql//innobackup.backup.log
-wsrep-sst-donor: Cleanup after exit with status:22

If I read this correctly, it's trying to log in with no username or password, when I have it clearly listed in the /etc/my.cnf
wsrep_sst_auth = x:x

It also says it can't access anything in /var/lib/mysql, but that directory is owned by mysql:mysql. I even changed it to 777 to no avail.

There is no /var/lib/mysql/innobackup.backup.log - so something is definitely weird. The double slash part also seems odd - there is no trailing slash in /etc/my.cnf

Please point me in the right direction. My pants are down, 1 of 3 in the cluster is down, and one of the remaining 2 has a wonky disk. I don't want another disaster like last year!

Comments

• miraculamiracula Entrant Inactive User Role Beginner
    So, I figured it out. (Thanks all for you great ideas and help :p)

It turns out my backup guy had added a script on server that was to have been the donor, which left backup files in the /var/lib/mysql directory. They were owned by the backup process, not mysql, so the donor could not read those files, and errored out.

I took the cluster down to one node, started up the misbehaving box successfully, then re-added the box with bad backup files.