building Percona server on osx

I’m trying to build Percona server on osx, using ‘cmake’ (something I’m not familar with),
and having issues.

using the command line specified in the documentation:

cmake . -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RelWithDebInfo -DBUILD_CONFIG=mysql_release -DFEATURE_SET=community

I get the following errors from the cmake phase:

– Performing Test HAVE_C_-Wno-error=tautological-constant-out-of-range-compare - Failed
– Performing Test HAVE_CXX_-Wno-error=tautological-constant-out-of-range-compare - Failed
– Performing Test HAVE_C_-Wno-error=extern-c-compat - Failed
– Performing Test HAVE_CXX_-Wno-error=extern-c-compat - Failed

and I get the following errors when attempting to build (there are more, but I’m just posting
a few since they’re similar):

/Users/bobmeyer/Devel/tools/percona/percona-server-5.6.28-76.1/storage/tokudb/tokudb_thread.h:211:13: error: use of
undeclared identifier ‘pthread_mutex_timedlock’
int r = pthread_mutex_timedlock(&_mutex, &waittime);

/Users/bobmeyer/Devel/tools/percona/percona-server-5.6.28-76.1/storage/tokudb/tokudb_thread.h:260:17: error: use of
undeclared identifier ‘pthread_rwlock_timedrdlock’
while ((r = pthread_rwlock_timedrdlock(&_rwlock, &waittime)) != 0) {

In file included from /Users/bobmeyer/Devel/tools/percona/percona-server-5.6.28-76.1/storage/tokudb/ha_tokudb.cc:31:
In file included from /Users/bobmeyer/Devel/tools/percona/percona-server-5.6.28-76.1/storage/tokudb/ha_tokudb.h:31:
/Users/bobmeyer/Devel/tools/percona/percona-server-5.6.28-76.1/storage/tokudb/tokudb_background.h:30:10: fatal error:
‘atomic’ file not found

#include
^
7 warnings and 6 errors generated.
make[2]: *** [storage/tokudb/CMakeFiles/tokudb.dir/ha_tokudb.cc.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [storage/tokudb/CMakeFiles/tokudb.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

I’m running osx 10.7.5, with xcode 4.6.3, and gcc 4.9.1

thanks in advance for any assistance.

rm.

Percona Server and TokuDB are not supported on OS/X. This build error is TokuDB specific and can be avoided by not building TokuDB, add “-DWITHOUT_TOKUDB=1” to your cmake and you will progress further.

George O. Lorch III
Software Engineer, Percona